My FJA modded 1987 Plexi is ready check out these vids!

dawnofdreamx97

Yep ! Jerry called me a couple days ago to let me know she is ready ! I'm taking a drive up to pick it up on Friday! should be awsome... Jerry P is a great dude and I can't believe what he did with this thing, just in the video i can tell im going to dig it... This thing sounded NOTHING like this... Can't wait to hear it and play it in person! :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTpNAsaU ... 8&index=43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXrHwdpD ... 8&index=44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjWRVajP ... 8&index=45

How is that thing a 1987 Plexi? Looks like a 50W metal panel JCM 800 to me. Totally different animals...

I'd like to hear some real clips as these sound super "ice picky" to me. Doesn't sound like there is any sustain either. I'm sure it will be fine in person and in real clips, but these YouTube clips always sound like crap to me... In very rare instances they sound kinda ok... not a good way to demo an amp to me...

Steve

sah5150":29lacu8x said:
How is that thing a 1987 Plexi? Looks like a 50W metal panel JCM 800 to me. Totally different animals...

Steve
Was wondering that myself

funny thing,

I picked this up because it was super unique. Never seen one like it honestly, a 4 input 1987 circuit plexi in a jcm 800 chasis. It's an 80's reissue of the 50 watt plexi in a jcm 800 chasis that marshall did for 1 year. Super rare! notice the 4 inputs ? Jerry put an added control in 1 of them and internally jumped the other inputs...

Im going to make some nice clips when i get it , its hard to tell from the camera mic.... i think it sounds killer though , i can tell what its gonna do! :rock:

dawnofdreamx97":1jdd63mu said:
I picked this up because it was super unique. Never seen one like it honestly, a 4 input 1987 circuit plexi in a jcm 800 chasis. It's an 80's reissue of the 50 watt plexi in a jcm 800 chasis that marshall did for 1 year. Super rare! notice the 4 inputs ? Jerry put an added control in 1 of them and internally jumped the other inputs...
What does the added control do?

Steve

TWPietz37":12mbzanm said:
http://www.johnsykes.com/gear.html

Scroll to the bottom. His were modded by Jose I believe.

Tyler

Those Jose's that Sykes uses are the best Jose mods i have ever heard.. When you hear em in person, they sound as gainy as a Boogie MK series but with that full on modded Marshall tone!! They sound different to any other Jose's i heard before..

:thumbsup: +1 Nick you are exactly right. I knew there was something I could not put my finger on. Marshall did that very thing for just a very short run. Good memory nick. you da man! :D

sah5150":3921b8ua said:
dawnofdreamx97":3921b8ua said:
What does the added control do?

Steve

Jerry did a bunch of stuff to this thing... He changed the power tubes to tung sol 6550's from the stock el34..He did a resonance bass boost push pull mod on the back , jumped the channels internally, master volume mod with a push pull compression /added gain on vol1, i believe the preamp gain or vol2 is now the preamp gain which also has a push pull compression deal, a sweepable mid voicing control , and i think something else... I forget lol

can't wait to make some nice clips!

MrDan666":3qz01g8w said:
TWPietz37":3qz01g8w said:
http://www.johnsykes.com/gear.html

Scroll to the bottom. His were modded by Jose I believe.

Tyler

Those Jose's that Sykes uses are the best Jose mods i have ever heard.. When you hear em in person, they sound as gainy as a Boogie MK series but with that full on modded Marshall tone!! They sound different to any other Jose's i heard before..

thatd be the EXACT amp! :rock:

I have the JCM800 1959 (100W) version. Killer amp and very very loud. Best amp Ive ever owned for pedals - makes all my pedals sound better. Mine s unmodded :rock:

Wow that thing friggin' rips! I hate Marshalls, but if I ever had a chance to pick that up (if I had the cash) I would NOT hesitate! I'm pretty sure you're going to be hooked on that well after any "honeymoon" period! :thumbsup:

The second and third are my favorites. Very cool amp! I may have another cab for tomorrow too.
Jerry

dawnofdreamx97":fo0m5a2x said:
It's an 80's reissue of the 50 watt plexi in a jcm 800 chasis that marshall did for 1 year. Super rare! notice the 4 inputs ?
According to the Marshall experts over at Metro, this amp was available from '81-'91, so I'm thinking it isn't too rare, but cool nonetheless - I never knew you could get a non-master 4 input 1987 circuit in JCM 800 trim... Ya learn something new every day, I tell ya! :thumbsup:

Steve

Nick,
Check the weather before you head out, we are supposed to get pounded here with snow.
Jerry

sah5150":2b6516fm said:
dawnofdreamx97":2b6516fm said:
It's an 80's reissue of the 50 watt plexi in a jcm 800 chasis that marshall did for 1 year. Super rare! notice the 4 inputs ?
According to the Marshall experts over at Metro, this amp was available from '81-'91, so I'm thinking it isn't too rare, but cool nonetheless - I never knew you could get a non-master 4 input 1987 circuit in JCM 800 trim... Ya learn something new every day, I tell ya! :thumbsup:

Steve
Me either, never seen one. cool stuff :thumbsup: :rock:

Back