My FJA modded 1987 Plexi is ready check out these vids!

yeah, i'm an hour south of jerry and its real nasty and slippery now. supposed to get 5-8 tonight with some sleet. i dunno what friday is supposed to be though. jerry gets worse weather up where he is.

sah5150":3wd72sgo said:
dawnofdreamx97":3wd72sgo said:
It's an 80's reissue of the 50 watt plexi in a jcm 800 chasis that marshall did for 1 year. Super rare! notice the 4 inputs ?
According to the Marshall experts over at Metro, this amp was available from '81-'91, so I'm thinking it isn't too rare, but cool nonetheless - I never knew you could get a non-master 4 input 1987 circuit in JCM 800 trim... Ya learn something new every day, I tell ya! :thumbsup:

Steve

cool ! I learned something to ... thought they only did this for 1 year.. pretty cool... definatly a cool amp !

Jerry, I will call you in the morning , looks like we may be off for tommorow but I'll make the call in the AM... Maybe saturday will be better?

MrDan666":1pt28p15 said:
TWPietz37":1pt28p15 said:
http://www.johnsykes.com/gear.html

Scroll to the bottom. His were modded by Jose I believe.

Tyler

Those Jose's that Sykes uses are the best Jose mods i have ever heard.. When you hear em in person, they sound as gainy as a Boogie MK series but with that full on modded Marshall tone!! They sound different to any other Jose's i heard before..

Sykes' amps really only sound that way when John plays them. I've played the amps in that picture (I took the picture). They didn't sound that gainy when I played through them. Then John plays the amp with the same guitar and it does sound like Mesa Mark series type gain.

Drew":2gnkzipy said:
Sykes' amps really only sound that way when John plays them. I've played the amps in that picture (I took the picture). They didn't sound that gainy when I played through them. Then John plays the amp with the same guitar and it does sound like Mesa Mark series type gain.

Hey Drew

I can believe that!! Its crazy how he seems to get his trademark tone regardless of what he plays through.. I saw a live bootleg from when he was using a Dual Recto slaved, and it ended up sounding just like how he sounded thru the Jose modded Marshalls.

I have seen John a bunch of times live, using those Jose modded Marshalls, and the tone was killer everytime!

Im guessing John really beats the crap out of that LP when he's playing right? It looks that way from the times i have watched him play live or in videoclips..

Dan

Back