NAD-AFD100

sksac

Well finally got my Afd100 today. I gotta say it's cool. #34 mode is useless so far but I've only been playing it for 2 hours.

I can take pics if you guys want.

The "slash tone" is definitely there on AFD mode. But, I like my 2203 more.

Your welcome. My 2203 with the mod from Frank Levi will be the true test, it gets here in two weeks. I'm reading #34 sounds better with a pedal adding saturation. Maybe worth a shot.

Keep the reviews comming, my dealer will sell me one cheap. It's not looking good at this point.

Disappointing to hear. I really want to try one out.

Keep us updated! Perhaps you'll find its sweet spot :thumbsup:

I was ready to get one off ebay but to be honest, I wasnt blown away by some of the clips. The power scaling and tube bias look to be cool features. Lookin forward to trying one out in person.

JakeAC5253":2nncp61k said:
What exactly is #34 mode?

It's a mode modelled after the SIR #34. The amp that was used on the Illusions-albums, if memory serves. It's basicly a switch that takes the amp from Apetite-tones to the more "modern" Guns'n/Slash-tones.

sksac":5zf2o2c7 said:
Well finally got my Afd100 today. I gotta say it's cool. #34 mode is useless so far but I've only been playing it for 2 hours.

I can take pics if you guys want.

The "slash tone" is definitely there on AFD mode. But, I like my 2203 more.

Give the #34 more time. It will sound less edgy with the gain dimed in that mode.

Cheers
Mike

Seems like a cool amp, but I've never had the itch for one. Just so many other Marshall-type amps to buy! Congrats though on the NAD. I hope it grows on you.

Mailman1971":180w41ow said:
Lp Freak":180w41ow said:
9ball":180w41ow said:
Wow, sounds like little too much drinking. :cheers2: :LOL: :LOL:
:rock:

:cheers:

:2thumbsup:
drunk-girl-toilet-vomit.jpg

Back