NAD!! SLO-Pure rock classic/Lifetime amp for sure!

candletears7":md91umih said:
nevusofota":md91umih said:
sg guy":md91umih said:
SLO is incredible.
Playing one cranked sounds and feels like you're surfing an avalanche. So much grind and raw force.
It's the only amp I'm still intimidated by. Sometimes I look at it just sitting there and it freaks me out, staring back.
The headroom on these things is fucking nutty.
I'll never sell mine.

-baaaahaha!!!-that's awesome man-

-kinda like a wizard, ya gotta sneak up on it under the cover of darkness!!

nevusofota":md91umih said:
It's the only amp I'm still intimidated by. Sometimes I look at it just sitting there and it freaks me out, staring back.
:LOL: :LOL:

Dudes, I ain't kidding. I recorded with this thing last night. The squelch and the grind, man there's nothing else like it. Nothing.

How does the G-system work with the SLO? Do you use it in the loop?

Absolutely flawlessly. It's like they were made for each other.
You have no tone suck using it in the looop?

Congratulations and enjoy.

Mine has been solid for 27 years.

16602993_1554827124544593_8513705361304680968_n.jpg

IntenseJim":1zl0jgvm said:

Thanks! You've been saying great things about the SLO for years. Great looking color! That's a rack SLO that had a head shell built for it?

What do use for fx and are you using the loop?

nevusofota":1sbj0vus said:
IntenseJim":1sbj0vus said:

Thanks! You've been saying great things about the SLO for years. Great looking color! That's a rack SLO that had a head shell built for it?

What do use for fx and are you using the loop?

RACK
NYC Pedalboards made the rack case. I custom ordered the purple sparkle tolex and had it shipped to them. Great guy. He made the silver sparkle rack for the bass head too.
I purchased the SLOr from Mike around 1990-91.

LOOP/EFFECTS
Loop ..nah. I know Sharkdiver and I will disagree on only this one thing. The loop is OK but not great. In the old days I used a Quadraverb and it was acceptable but you could hear the tonal compromise esp with high gain settings.

Gigs*: no loop. Just a tuner, wah, phaser, tremolo, Ooh Wah for the band's songs.

Home: Fryette PS 2 instead of the loop and I throw in TC HOF and Flashback.

I have two boosts/OD but the SLO doesn't need them. You can use them for tonal micro-management but the SLO lead channel kills. Mike's goal was to design a lead channel that didn't need a front end OD/boost.

*I don't play out anymore. Working nights, small town....

nevusofota":crqep3p2 said:
candletears7":crqep3p2 said:
sg guy":crqep3p2 said:
SLO is incredible.
Playing one cranked sounds and feels like you're surfing an avalanche. So much grind and raw force.
The headroom on these things is fucking nutty.
I'll never sell mine.

-baaaahaha!!!-that's awesome man-

-kinda like a wizard, ya gotta sneak up on it under the cover of darkness!!

:LOL: :LOL:

Dudes, I ain't kidding. I recorded with this thing last night. The squelch and the grind, man there's nothing else like it. Nothing.

How does the G-system work with the SLO? Do you use it in the loop?

Absolutely flawlessly. It's like they were made for each other.
You have no tone suck using it in the looop?

Absolutely none. It's crystal clear.
I use an Empress in/out buffer between the G and the SLO FX Loop.
The SLO and and the G are a match made in heaven.

I see that Warren D. doesnt use the loop. Uses a Carbon Copy and an SD-1 right through the front. I think I'm going that route.

nevusofota":1k072wr2 said:
I see that Warren D. doesnt use the loop. Uses a Carbon Copy and an SD-1 right through the front. I think I'm going that route.

I thought he might be running the carbon copy out front too, but the delays have definitely been in the loop of the SLO in recent years. Not that it matters all that much anyway. The amount of delay he uses live these days is barely audible. His live tone now is more dry than it's ever been.

littleguitars":qfnta5wk said:
nevusofota":qfnta5wk said:

I thought he might be running the carbon copy out front too, but the delays have definitely been in the loop of the SLO in recent years. Not that it matters all that much anyway. The amount of delay he uses live these days is barely audible. His live tone now is more dry than it's ever been.

That's a great diagram and all, but I've seen the delays in the loop with my own eyes. A good friend of mine has tech'd for Warren numerous times in recent years, and for every gig, the carbon copies have been in the loop.

littleguitars":67j491kd said:
That's a great diagram and all, but I've seen the delays in the loop with my own eyes. A good friend of mine has tech'd for Warren numerous times in recent years, and for every gig, the carbon copies have been in the loop.
:thumbsup:

I broke out my SLO earlier this week after only having played my Lil Fokker or a cheap practice amp recently. Damn- it sounds amazing!

Yeah those Guitar Geek diagrams are hit and miss... every time I have set up Warren's rig... delays in the loop!

I would love to know what Warren DeMartini's settings are on his SLO. preamp, EQ, master, etc. Anyone know what they are? I have never seen a good pic of it.

Jayy":4g4pkczq said:
I would love to know what Warren DeMartini's settings are on his SLO. preamp, EQ, master, etc. Anyone know what they are? I have never seen a good pic of it.

-well if his settings are even close to his Marshall's, Bass on zero...

Congrats dude.

I bet you are really glad you went this route. Glad the trade went well. I remember your other thread. Mod or no mod or something like that.

Enjoy

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
:) :) :)
:) :) :)

Thanks, man!

It was a really smooth transaction and the guy was really cool. In fact he is friends with George Lynch himself and has played on stage with him.

I got a killer deal on it so the fact it didn't have the depth mod doesn't really matter. It seems to have plenty of low end when played through my Mesa 4x12. I found that SLO owners are really 50/50 on whether or not to get the depth mod.

Back