NAD_Wizard MCII

Racerxrated":1boctgii said:
Well said, you and I got our Wizards on the same day and I haven't plugged into anything else since. Just an insanely great tone and the punch is even better or more forceful than an SLO...and I thought I'd never say that.
The MC takes boosts better than the MTL I had, and that is key for me as I love to boost everything for a little variation on what I can get out of an amp. Doesn't need one, but none of my amps do and it's not for additional gain.....
I've had mine up to 4 and that's too much for my room lol. I'll add that the only amp that cleans up as well with the guitar vol knob is a Deliverance. Even with a boost on I can get a decent dirty clean...
Mine loves GBs and 65s best, over V30s. Picked up a mint BX cab from the 90s with the 6402 cones, got lucky and one popped up locally. Those speakers are also everything they are cracked up to be.
If you like a modded Marshall tone look no further than the Wizard MCI/II, they are the pinnacle IMO. I now have no GAS whatsoever.
^^^
Forceful is a great adjective to describe the nature of this amp! I boost everything as well, and like you not to add gain but just to further tighten the lows and ad a little more attack. I agree the MCII seems to take pedals like a champ ;)

mhenson42":1boctgii said:
Therein lies the rub....today begins the countdown until the day you have an MTL sitting atop that stack along side the MCII. :LOL: :LOL:

To justify buying it.....if you're like me..... you say to yourself that you'll keep the one you like best and sell the other one. But then a year and a half later, you're still sitting there with both amps scheming about buying a third Wizard....with KT88s. :doh:

Maybe my next wizard will have a fancy exhaust port like yours :D
^^^
I know, I know right :LOL: :LOL: Yeah with master at 5, the exhaust pipe is essential :thumbsup:

sotosprince":1boctgii said:
Congrats! My dream amp!!!
^^^
Thank you sir! Make your dream a reality, life's too short :yes:

Wizard of Ozz":1boctgii said:
Congrats! Monster amp. :rock:

... and only a matter of time before you get the MTL too.
:yes: :yes:
^^^
Thank you! You know me all too well :D

mooncobra":1boctgii said:
^^^ Killer it is, Thanks!

JTyson":1boctgii said:
Thats awesome, one of the few amps I have gas for besides a Fortin Hiwatt..
That dam thing must generate some serious heat seeing that you had to vent it outside! :D
^^^
Yeah, its so smoking hot the exhaust stack was a must :LOL: :LOL:

SQUAREHEAD":1boctgii said:
Congratulations!!
The best hard rock tones I’ve ever experienced…
You are right, no one can truly understand how big
this thing sounds until they sit in front of it… I had to
sell mine but I hope to have another Wizard someday,
all the best!
^^^
Thanks man! Yeah sitting in front of it gives an experience that just pummels the body with shockwaves. It kind of scrambles your brains too :aww: My wife forbid me to sit in front of this thing, but her ordinance is not being followed, and to say the least she's not happy. But its so addictive, I can't stop. Stupid I know but........

jcj":1boctgii said:
Those fucking things will kill small animals at 50 yards, be careful with your pets. :LOL: :LOL:
^^^
I'd say maybe even 100 yards :rock:

Ventura":1boctgii said:
GOOD CANADIAN MADE AMPS!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Yours has got one helluva heatsink system man - I've never seen that mod but I guess it keeps it cool ;)

Congratz!! I've only heard great things... Maybe one day. Right now I'm alright with what I'ze gots!! :thumbsup:
^^^
Yeah, I need to patent that mod I think :thumbsup: You'd surely love the Wizard stuff man! If ya get the chance sometime just do it!

JerEvil":1boctgii said:
Wow... WOW!!!! I really want to try the MC. Never had the opportunity to play anything Wizard.
^^^
I think you'd cream your jeans Jer. It's a thrash machine with inconceivable amounts of punch.

exo-metal":1boctgii said:
The mere fact that u have to pipe in jet fuel has me sold. The tone must be explosive.
^^^
hahahahaha! Its actually direct vent piping that brings cool air in the center part of the exhaust pipe while simultaneously venting out the hot exhaust created by this beast :rock:

I'm currently playing it through those two cabs in the pics. I initially played it through just the EVH 412 and it thumped so hard it was absurd but in a good way. But then I hooked up the G12K-100 loaded 2x12 for fear of blowing the EVH cab with volume past 2 1/2. Probably was fine but I was nervous. With these two cabs hooked up I've got 300 watts of room to blow my brains out with the volume knob.

MetalHeadMike":e35brreb said:
Racerxrated":e35brreb said:
Well said, you and I got our Wizards on the same day and I haven't plugged into anything else since. Just an insanely great tone and the punch is even better or more forceful than an SLO...and I thought I'd never say that.
The MC takes boosts better than the MTL I had, and that is key for me as I love to boost everything for a little variation on what I can get out of an amp. Doesn't need one, but none of my amps do and it's not for additional gain.....
I've had mine up to 4 and that's too much for my room lol. I'll add that the only amp that cleans up as well with the guitar vol knob is a Deliverance. Even with a boost on I can get a decent dirty clean...
Mine loves GBs and 65s best, over V30s. Picked up a mint BX cab from the 90s with the 6402 cones, got lucky and one popped up locally. Those speakers are also everything they are cracked up to be.
If you like a modded Marshall tone look no further than the Wizard MCI/II, they are the pinnacle IMO. I now have no GAS whatsoever.
^^^
Forceful is a great adjective to describe the nature of this amp! I boost everything as well, and like you not to add gain but just to further tighten the lows and ad a little more attack. I agree the MCII seems to take pedals like a champ ;)

mhenson42":e35brreb said:
Therein lies the rub....today begins the countdown until the day you have an MTL sitting atop that stack along side the MCII. :LOL: :LOL:

To justify buying it.....if you're like me..... you say to yourself that you'll keep the one you like best and sell the other one. But then a year and a half later, you're still sitting there with both amps scheming about buying a third Wizard....with KT88s. :doh:

Maybe my next wizard will have a fancy exhaust port like yours :D
^^^
I know, I know right :LOL: :LOL: Yeah with master at 5, the exhaust pipe is essential :thumbsup:

sotosprince":e35brreb said:
Congrats! My dream amp!!!
^^^
Thank you sir! Make your dream a reality, life's too short :yes:

Wizard of Ozz":e35brreb said:
Congrats! Monster amp. :rock:

... and only a matter of time before you get the MTL too.
:yes: :yes:
^^^
Thanks you! You know me all too well :D

mooncobra":e35brreb said:
^^^ Killer it is, Thanks!

JTyson":e35brreb said:
Thats awesome, one of the few amps I have gas for besides a Fortin Hiwatt..
That dam thing must generate some serious heat seeing that you had to vent it outside! :D
^^^
Yeah, its so smoking hot the exhaust stack was a must :LOL: :LOL:

SQUAREHEAD":e35brreb said:
Congratulations!!
The best hard rock tones I’ve ever experienced…
You are right, no one can truly understand how big
this thing sounds until they sit in front of it… I had to
sell mine but I hope to have another Wizard someday,
all the best!
^^^
Thanks man! Yeah sitting in front of it gives an experience that just pummels the body with shockwaves. It kind of scrambles your brains too :aww: My wife forbid me to sit in front of this thing, but her ordinance is not being followed, and to say the least she's not happy. But its so addictive, I can't stop. Stupid I know but........

jcj":e35brreb said:
Those fucking things will kill small animals at 50 yards, be careful with your pets. :LOL: :LOL:
^^^
I'd say maybe even 100 yards :rock:

Ventura":e35brreb said:
GOOD CANADIAN MADE AMPS!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Yours has got one helluva heatsink system man - I've never seen that mod but I guess it keeps it cool ;)

Congratz!! I've only heard great things... Maybe one day. Right now I'm alright with what I'ze gots!! :thumbsup:
^^^
Yeah, I need to patent that mod I think :thumbsup: You'd surely love the Wizard stuff man! If ya get the chance sometime, just do it!

JerEvil":e35brreb said:
Wow... WOW!!!! I really want to try the MC. Never had the opportunity to play anything Wizard.
^^^
I think you'd cream your jeans Jer. It's a thrash machine with inconceivable amounts of punch.

exo-metal":e35brreb said:
The mere fact that u have to pipe in jet fuel has me sold. The tone must be explosive.
^^^
hahahahaha! Its actually direct vent piping that brings cool air in the center part of the exhaust pipe while simultaneously venting out the hot exhaust created by this beast :rock:

I'm currently playing it through those two cabs in the pics. I initially played it through just the EVH 412 and it thumped so hard it was absurd but in a good way. But then I hooked up the G12K-100 loaded 2x12 for fear of blowing the EVH cab with volume past 2 1/2. Probably was fine but I was nervous. With these two cabs hooked up I've got 300 watts of room to blow my brains out with the volume knob.

Congrats!
You are not gonna blow that cab lol. I run my mci thru a splawn 4x12 loaded with the EVH speakers. I crank mine to 4 in my basement (not for more than 10 minutes or so) at times cause I'm crazy like that and can. Been using the cab 2 years with the amp and no problems yet, Knock on wood :LOL: :LOL: Most of my time is spent with volume around 9 oclock. Have literally put hundreds of hrs on it with this cab, great speakers with their low 97 db rating you can set the volume higher to drive the amp more than with something 100 db's
100 watts of celestion loaded 4x12 cabs can stand up to more power than many assume. Been doing it for years, once again knock on wood lol.

lespaul6":3phddhvg said:
congrats OP!
^^^
Thanks man!

sjk":3phddhvg said:
Congrats!
You are not gonna blow that cab lol. I run my mci thru a splawn 4x12 loaded with the EVH speakers. I crank mine to 4 in my basement (not for more than 10 minutes or so) at times cause I'm crazy like that and can. Been using the cab 2 years with the amp and no problems yet, Knock on wood :LOL: :LOL: Most of my time is spent with volume around 9 oclock. Have literally put hundreds of hrs on it with this cab, great speakers with their low 97 db rating you can set the volume higher to drive the amp more than with something 100 db's
100 watts of celestion loaded 4x12 cabs can stand up to more power than many assume. Been doing it for years, once again knock on wood lol.
^^^
Thank you!
I didn't think it was an issue; was just being paranoid :loco:
I do like the sizzle the G12K-100 cab adds, and even though volume wise it is louder than the EVH, it seems to work with the two run together. I really like playing it through the EVH stand alone too though for the reasons you stated regarding the inefficiency. 96 vs 100 dB. Plus the EVH cab seems to add just a touch more low mids vs that Whitebox 2x12.

MetalHeadMike":1cd2riho said:
lespaul6":1cd2riho said:
congrats OP!
^^^
Thanks man!

sjk":1cd2riho said:
Congrats!
^^^
Thank you!
I do like the sizzle the G12K-100 cab adds, and even though volume wise it is louder than the EVH, it seems to work with the two run together. I really like playing it through the EVH stand alone too though for the reasons you stated regarding the inefficiency. 96 vs 100 dB. Plus the EVH cab seems to add just a touch more low mids vs that Whitebox 2x12.

I had forgotten the evh's were 96 db's, no wonder it's by far my quietest cab :LOL: :LOL:

sjk":3i4ah958 said:
MetalHeadMike":3i4ah958 said:
lespaul6":3i4ah958 said:
congrats OP!
^^^
Thanks man!

sjk":3i4ah958 said:
Congrats!
^^^
Thank you!

I had forgotten the evh's were 96 db's, no wonder it's by far my quietest cab :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, I bought it for my Germino club 40 and it sounds amazing with that amp, but it turns out those Heritage GBs absolutely rip for all things metal too. I've run that cab with like 7-8 different amps and it always sounds great to my ears. Great speakers :rock:

Really glad to hear the great things! Congrats!!

MCII is really the only amp I could see myself really gassing for at this point.
Thanks for the review, it just confirms the “unrealistic need,” for WIZARDRY.

GtarLover":36oqmbia said:

MCII is really the only amp I could see myself really gassing for at this point.

Thank you sir! Monster of an amp for sure :rock:
Yeah gas is a bitch! I thought for about the first week of owning it that I'd have no further gas for much else, but I do. I believe I am sick and that I need help!

MetalHeadMike":2c0rwk9i said:
GtarLover":2c0rwk9i said:

Yeah gas is a bitch! I thought for about the first week of owning it that I'd have no further gas for much else, but I do. I believe I am sick and that I need help!

Maybe it will simply NEVER stop, :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

GtarLover":3q7r4wph said:
MetalHeadMike":3q7r4wph said:
GtarLover":3q7r4wph said:

Maybe it will simply NEVER stop, :LOL: :LOL: :rock:
^^^
According to my wife it has stopped until she gets her new kitchen :aww: I might be able to weasel one or two additional pieces of gear though, we'll see.

MetalHeadMike":72za5srp said:
hopkinWFG":72za5srp said:
Wow !! Congrats on this amp ! Care for any soundclips on your MC2 ?
^^^
Thanks man! I'll see if I can put some clips together this weekend.

Thanks man !! Please do so as we are all very very keen to hear more of Wizard MC2 tone clips especially we are learny towards the Wizardszzz.... :)

littleguitars":18wuaaj8 said:
Nice score. Nothing like a great new amp to get you inspired.

This is probably my favorite of the wizard clips/demos that are out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9kb5VsVDkE
^^^
Thanks! So true, so true!
Yeah, that clip sounds great!

Gsxrbusa":18wuaaj8 said:
I wanna play/hear this so freakin bad. Congrats again bro. :rock:
^^^
Thanks dude! I'll bring it down for sure next time I head to Denver. Planning a trip in either fall or winter of this year. You'll probably have one by the time I get down there, so make sure its an MTL so we can play with each other's goods :emofag: :emofag:

I'm trying to get some clips together but having a hell of a time catching something I'm happy with. Gonna get back after it here after I finish swapping the Painkiller back in this guitar. Should have a clip or two up by tomorrow night hopefully.

MetalHeadMike":101xu99z said:
littleguitars":101xu99z said:

^^^

Gsxrbusa":101xu99z said:
^^^
Thanks dude! I'll bring it down for sure next time I head to Denver. Planning a trip in either fall or winter of this year. You'll probably have one by the time I get down there, so make sure its an MTL so we can play with each other's goods :emofag: :emofag:

I'm trying to get some clips together but having a hell of a time catching something I'm happy with. Gonna get back after it here after I finish swapping the Painkiller back in this guitar. Should have a clip or two up by tomorrow night hopefully.

:emofag: :emofag: :cheers: I can't wait! I'll have the Juno soon so that should sweeten the deal a bit. :D

Gsxrbusa":29drzwyp said:
MetalHeadMike":29drzwyp said:
littleguitars":29drzwyp said:

^^^

Gsxrbusa":29drzwyp said:
^^^

:emofag: :emofag: :cheers: I can't wait! I'll have the Juno soon so that should sweeten the deal a bit. :D

I'm stoked for ya!!! The Juno's gonna be BADASS :rock: :rock: :rock:

Been through a ton of amps, but my MTL is still by far my fav!
Was a huge Fortin fan, still love Mike’s stuff but Wizard is just something different.
So heavy, clear, but still organic!
I also very slightly boost the front for feel, and run the gain about 11:00 o’clock, will do anything no matter how heavy

Devilinside":2g8w7oda said:
Been through a ton of amps, but my MTL is still by far my fav!
Was a huge Fortin fan, still love Mike’s stuff but Wizard is just something different.
So heavy, clear, but still organic!
I also very slightly boost the front for feel, and run the gain about 11:00 o’clock, will do anything no matter how heavy
^^^
I've seen your amp travels over the years, you have been through a ton of em! It says a lot that the Wizard is your pick of the litter :thumbsup:

I agree with the "heavy, clear, but still organic" part! Very very open and raw:yes: It'll do thrash, death, and modern metal all day long with the utmost authority while retaining an open crunchy gain structure. :rock:

Back