Nailbomb and 500k?

again with this

I recently aquired a Bare Knuckles Nailbomb pickup. In the installation directions, there is reference to the potentiometer "usually" being 500k. Aren't most pots 250k?

Secondary question, maybe I oughta just swap out the pot to a 500k before doing the pickup...

Thoughts guys?

Pots for humbuckers are 500K most of the time, Single coils use 250K. You can use a 500K pot for a HB, it will just be a bit brighter sounding. :thumbsup:

Guitars equipped with humbuckers usually have 500k pots, and single coil equipped guitars (strats, teles) usually have 250k pots. 500k pots will be a bit brighter, while 250k pots will roll off more high end frequencies. You can experiment with any value of pots to dial in the tone you want.

again with this":199xxr5s said:
I don't know why I was sure Les Pauls had 250k pots. Goes Gibson do it different?

Les Pauls usually have 300k pot... Gibson does not make 250k ones... Or I should say has 250k ones made.

I will be interested to see if you like this pickup... I bought one a while back, and sent it back cause it sounded so bad I thought it was broken.

They tested and confirmed it was not! :shocked:

Roid

Your Bareknuckle pickups will sound much better with 500k pots. My SG had 300k pots in and when i had them swapped to 500k, the pickups really came alive :rock:

RoidRage":2ypuw2vg said:
again with this":2ypuw2vg said:
I don't know why I was sure Les Pauls had 250k pots. Goes Gibson do it different?

Les Pauls usually have 300k pot... Gibson does not make 250k ones... Or I should say has 250k ones made.

I will be interested to see if you like this pickup... I bought one a while back, and sent it back cause it sounded so bad I thought it was broken.

Roid

Yeah... I am curious too. I am pretty happy with the 500T in both my LP and V. Just looking for something a little mo-betta.

AdamB":3tc73mec said:
Your Bareknuckle pickups will sound much better with 500k pots. My SG had 300k pots in and when i had them swapped to 500k, the pickups really came alive :rock:

This reinforces my idea about changing the pot first. Maybe the 500 will be much better and really come alive too... :confused:

Yeah I don't think Les Paul's have ever had 250K pots. I would DEFINITELY recommend 500K pots with a pickup like the Nailbomb.

AdamB":9bq79znv said:

agreed! i was using a BK Painkiller for a month or two with a 250k pot and decided to try the 500k since i had an extra one laying around and it definitely sounds a lot better now!

again with this":38edw8k2 said:
RoidRage":38edw8k2 said:
again with this":38edw8k2 said:

Roid

Yeah... I am curious too. I am pretty happy with the 500T in both my LP and V. Just looking for something a little mo-betta.

Always Bro... Always! :D

RoidRage":rle9rxvv said:
again with this":rle9rxvv said:
RoidRage":rle9rxvv said:
again with this":rle9rxvv said:

Roid

Always Bro... Always! :D

'Aint it the truth... :rock: :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Back