NCD: Question…

PurityS.L.G

IMG_8696.jpeg

IMG_8697.jpeg

So a few questions to anybody who has owned a RL 212, does the cab sound hollow to you? It’s loaded with UK V30’s. Surprised since I thought they would be Chinese but whatever. It’s super bassy and very anemic in the mids and makes all of my amps sound like shit TBH. I have plenty of speakers to swap and test with but I doubt it will get any better since V30’s should not sound that way in the first place. I’ve had a FL 412 before and it was a pretty good cab but not epic like a lot of people on forums made it out to be, hence why I sold it but again, wasn’t bad by any means. Thoughts and opinions from past and present owners please!

i honestly thought that was a 4x12, id imagine there must be a ton of low end build up making it sound hollow at that size.

i honestly thought that was a 4x12, id imagine there must be a ton of low end build up making it sound hollow at that size.
Yeah, I should also state that I also own an Avatar OS 212 vintage cab (Bogner OS 212 clone) and that cab SMOKES this Diezel cab. Very full sounding all across the spectrum. I'm definitely aware OS cabs have more bass and expect that as such.

Yeah, I should also state that I also own an Avatar OS 212 vintage cab (Bogner OS 212 clone) and that cab SMOKES this Diezel cab. Very full sounding all across the spectrum. I'm definitely aware OS cabs have more bass and expect that as such.

my genz benz GFlex 2x12 looks to be pretty similar in size looking at it now, but its got the four ports on the bottom, that cab sounds pretty massive. maybe drill a couple holes in the front baffle lol

my genz benz GFlex 2x12 looks to be pretty similar in size looking at it now, but its got the four ports on the bottom, that cab sounds pretty massive. maybe drill a couple holes in the front baffle lol
I used to own one and that cab has waaaaaaaay more low end than this Diezel LOL!

Wouldn't that make it more bass-y? When I stuff the ports on my Randall cabs, it seems to tighten up a bit.

Wouldn't that make it more bass-y? When I stuff the ports on my Randall cabs, it seems to tighten up a bit.

Which Randall cabs have ports?? I’m honestly not sure what the science of ports are, that gflex is the only guitar cab of mine that has them, my two bass cabs have them though. I remember car stereo guys back years ago always debating ports or not in their sub cabs

Which Randall cabs have ports?? I’m honestly not sure what the science of ports are, that gflex is the only guitar cab of mine that has them, my two bass cabs have them though. I remember car stereo guys back years ago always debating ports or not in their sub cabs
Both of my current ones do. One is a rd412-v30 and the other is the Thrasher model, I forget the designation for it, atm. They have these almost triangle shaped ports.

Back