Need a Boost that DOES NOT cut the low end.

TC Electronic booster/distortion. It has a bass control so you can boost, cut, or leave the low end neutral.

thegame":3dch50bv said:
TC Electronic booster/distortion. It has a bass control so you can boost, cut, or leave the low end neutral.

I actually have one of those from the 80's but it's too much when using the bass control. I have been looking at the Green Rhino, The Maxon ST-9Pro+ The Pigtronix Fat Drive & The Ibanez TS808DX. Those are the ones i've been watching videos of. The OCD I love too but have never tried one.

DET1973":r541iugj said:
thegame":r541iugj said:

I actually have one of those from the 80's but it's too much when using the bass control. I have been looking at the Green Rhino, The Maxon ST-9Pro+ The Pigtronix Fat Drive & The Ibanez TS808DX. Those are the ones i've been watching videos on. The OCD I love too but have never tried one.
A tube screamer circuit will cut your lows which all of these are

I use an eternity and Luke it a lot. Doesn't cut lows nearly as much as a ts, but still might cut them slightly

What kind of boost do you want?
Really clean or a bit of dirt?
Transparent or coloring?

OCD is anything but transparent. How about RC? Are you wanting a boost or an overdrive? How do you intend to use it?

Spaceboy":kd0z0vr5 said:
OCD is anything but transparent. How about RC? Are you wanting a boost or an overdrive? How do you intend to use it?

I'm planning to use it with my Marshall Jubilee...Currently i'm using a Maxon OD-9 with the level all the way up, the tone at noon & the drive at 10 o'clock.

Back