Need help, brain lock on choosing a Vibe Pedal color...

Purple. It looks very interesting, please post a review if you get one. That’s a good price for a faithful-ish knockoff.

Oh sh*t, I’ll make life difficult: I love the stealth ‘purpose built’ look of the hammered grey finish…

Purple. It looks very interesting, please post a review if you get one. That’s a good price for a faithful-ish knockoff.
Will do, I'm a vibeaholic which is kinda crazy since I only use it here or there. I've owned a ton from the big box Sir Henry down to a Voodoo Lab Micro vibe. Generally I'm always looking for a smaller footprint and I'm also "not" looking to cop Trower or Hendrix.

Currently on my small board I have a Kingtone 1968, love that thing. The ability to ramp between to vibe speeds is awesome. On my big board I have a JHS modded Micro Vibe that has stood the test against alot of things. And I've got a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe TC as backup to the Micro. I'm space limited on that board.

What interests me about this Vintage is the 9V internal charge pump up to 18V and the size. If space wasn't an issue or if I was strictly trying to cop Trower or Hendrix then I would have kept the Sir Henry or the Shin-Ei Vibe 2 or I'd go R Weaver or the Gypsy Vibe.

I'm just looking for my own thing on vibes and so far I've been able to dial in the 1968 and the modded Micro throb to where I like how it cycles through with high gain. And using these with higher gain is important to me...some do not work well with high gain.

Will do, I'm a vibeaholic which is kinda crazy since I only use it here or there. I've owned a ton from the big box Sir Henry down to a Voodoo Lab Micro vibe. Generally I'm always looking for a smaller footprint and I'm also "not" looking to cop Trower or Hendrix.

Currently on my small board I have a Kingtone 1968, love that thing. The ability to ramp between to vibe speeds is awesome. On my big board I have a JHS modded Micro Vibe that has stood the test against alot of things. And I've got a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe TC as backup to the Micro. I'm space limited on that board.

What interests me about this Vintage is the 9V internal charge pump up to 18V and the size. If space wasn't an issue or if I was strictly trying to cop Trower or Hendrix then I would have kept the Sir Henry or the Shin-Ei Vibe 2 or I'd go R Weaver or the Gypsy Vibe.

I'm just looking for my own thing on vibes and so far I've been able to dial in the 1968 and the modded Micro throb to where I like how it cycles through with high gain. And using these with higher gain is important to me...some do not work well with high gain.
Yeah I love a good Vibe but I haven't really gone down the rabbit hole. I had an early black Sweetsound Ultra Vibe but one day it just didn't sound as good so I sold it. I now have a Classic Amplification Vibe Baby Classic that sounds pretty good. For small footprints I have a Vibe Machine and a JAM Retrovibe but neither are really there. They can sound cool thru the right amps. Id like to try a Gypsy too.

@CarlF has tried a bunch and been down that road.

Yeah I love a good Vibe but I haven't really gone down the rabbit hole. I had an early black Sweetsound Ultra Vibe but one day it just didn't sound as good so I sold it. I now have a Classic Amplification Vibe Baby Classic that sounds pretty good. For small footprints I have a Vibe Machine and a JAM Retrovibe but neither are really there. They can sound cool thru the right amps. Id like to try a Gypsy too.

Oh it's a rabbit hole, especially for guys looking to get that Hendrix and Trower type stuff.

With me it's really based on how much throb, where it cycles around and the swirl...and the biggest caveat it's got to work with high gain. Alot vibes are finnicky with alot of gain. Some of the one's I've owned sounded great with a single coils through low gain settings but got really dark or noisy the more gain you added on. Or you'd have a volume drop or a massive boost and regardless of trim settings you could just never dial it right. And like you said, they can sound good through the right amp and then the next, nope. That and space reasons is why I've kept the three I have...they're not amp dependent and they sound good with high gain. If I could I just make space on my main big board I'd buy another 1968, that's just a really nice pedal but that board is pretty much perfect for me plus power considerations etc... The modded JHS Micro Vibe works great...that thing sounds better than Josh's current production Vibe.

But the Vintage Vibe peaked my interest so here we go lol...you see something and the cycle begins.

Any of the Sabbadius Vibes are like having an original.

1666990632592.png

Back