New AIC single

It’s okay. Listened last night on Spotify, but also after the single, kicked into facelift and I was thinking the new track sucked moreso. Haha

I like it. Best thing ever? No, it didn’t blow me away but it’s better than a lot of the other garbage out there.

I agree that they need to let William front the damn band. And Jerry needs to go back to singing harmonies on occasion. And for fuck sake... can we get the tempo above 100 bpm already?!!? AIC sounds too much like Jerry's solo stuff these days. We'll see what the rest of the album sounds like. But if this is it, I'll pass.

Yeah I was shocked to see Jerry step to the mic.
It was good to me. But nothing great.
Again. Not bashing or hating.
Like. Mentioned previous. Better then lot of the crap that’s rolling out.

It's become a new thing with these last two albums. The Cantrell "drone"...

Look I'm a super Cantrell fanboi but I really hope the rest of this new album doesn't have that "droning" ear fatiguing noise going on. I get it, he's trying to go for a grove but it's a drone...

People need to let this garbage sound die off just like the 80’s sound did. Grunge should have died with Cobain...

SFW":v5dwec87 said:
I agree that they need to let William front the damn band. And Jerry needs to go back to singing harmonies on occasion. And for fuck sake... can we get the tempo above 100 bpm already?!!? AIC sounds too much like Jerry's solo stuff these days. We'll see what the rest of the album sounds like. But if this is it, I'll pass.

I agree here, William's vocals are stronger than Jerry's, I love the AIC dual vocal harmony stuff but he needs to step back and let William be the singer, their constant dual vocals gets kind of old, they or did it on the last album and they're doing it here.

Seems like Jerry is afraid of William being compared to Layne but he has to know that most of the AIC fans understand that Layne is no longer with us. When I see them live in 2014 William sounded fantastic singing Layne era AIC with Jerry joining in for the harmonies and playing great riffs, and yes the new songs need some up tempo to them the slow dark droning on has it's place but they all shouldn't be that.

So if Jerry's solo albums seem to void of great riffs does that that mean Layne had more to do with the songs than the vocals or do you think Jerry has lost some of his insight and is in a rut writing? :confused:

Jerry has gotta drop the one string caveman bend riffs and the OOOOHHHHHHH YEEEEAAAAHHHH BS

Let Will shine in the spot light too

harddriver":37una5mf said:
SFW":37una5mf said:

I agree here, William's vocals are stronger than Jerry's, I love the AIC dual vocal harmony stuff but he needs to step back and let William be the singer, their constant dual vocals gets kind of old, they or did it on the last album and they're doing it here.

Seems like Jerry is afraid of William being compared to Layne but he has to know that most of the AIC fans understand that Layne is no longer with us. When I see them live in 2014 William sounded fantastic singing Layne era AIC with Jerry joining in for the harmonies and playing great riffs, and yes the new songs need some up tempo to them the slow dark droning on has it's place but they all shouldn't be that.

So if Jerry's solo albums seem to void of great riffs does that that mean Layne had more to do with the songs than the vocals or do you think Jerry has lost some of his insight and is in a rut writing? :confused:

Bingo. Dual vocal thing gets a bit old.. makes me feel like i am still listening to the original band but with a song that has been playing way too long.

EXPcustom":28h5vcjq said:
It's become a new thing with these last two albums. The Cantrell "drone"...

Look I'm a super Cantrell fanboi but I really hope the rest of this new album doesn't have that "droning" ear fatiguing noise going on. I get it, he's trying to go for a grove but it's a drone...

The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here really took that to a whole new level eh? :-/

It's great on one or two songs but does get old.

Bloodrock":mh8o24os said:
People need to let this garbage sound die off just like the 80’s sound did. Grunge should have died with Cobain...

Agree. AIC was AIC with Layne in the band, and the band died with him. It's been a snooze-fest since. Mostly recycled riffs, and stale feel. They played live here a few years ago, and it was pathetic. No energy, whatsoever. Cantrell was like the weekend at Bernie's guy.. Like somebody propped him up to play, but was really dead. We left it was so pathetic.

The only reason people really care, is because of the Friedman fanboyism, and the fact that Jerry plays one. Without the Friedman ties, he'd be the overrated guitar player to many that he really is, and irrelevant.

I saw them right after the Black Gives Way to Blue album and they put on a reasonable show. They mostly stood around but sounded great. I just missed them last week, so not sure how they’re doing now.

I like the new single ok but it does sound very similar to everything they have done since Duvall joining. I personally think Jerry needs to let Duvall be the lead singer, like others have stated, and Jerry stick with the harmony parts. He seems reluctant to do so though after all this time.

I liked it. AiC seems to have gotten heavier with age. They're more of a metal band as compared to what I'd consider to have been hard rock in the 90's.

Bloodrock":1bcvmbpq said:

Should have died with by far the worst band/artist of the genre? :-/

Wow, so much negativity. Not even TGP was this bad!
I've pounded the "Free Willy" drum since BGWTB came out. I'm of the opinion that it may just never happen. I try to look at it from Jerry's perspective. Layne on the decline, Jerry started taking more vocal responsibility. AIC ceases, Jerry starts solo career. William becomes a key member handing the Layne vocals and guitars on those tours. AIC is reborn with William taking over Layne vocal parts and adding support guitars. So this AIC transformation with Jerry doing more of everything, including vocals, is what he "knows" now. It's probably what is comfortable for him and what he wants to do now, even though it may have started as more necessity when Layne was still here. I think they should do whatever keeps them all happy and creating music.

As for this song, I thought the verses were a little out of the norm of typical AIC. Yeah, the rest is pretty standard of their post Layne era stuff. I don't think it's bad though. One thing that gives me slight hope that maybe this album branches out of the norm was this interview with Jerry:
“It’s a record we haven’t done yet, I can tell you that,” he says. “But it’s also a record that has all the elements of anything you would expect from us. It’s got our fingerprint. And we’re really proud of the material that we wrote and the performances we captured. There’s some really heavy shit, some really ugly stuff, some real beautiful stuff, some weirdo trippy shit… it’s good!”
https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/jer ... -new-album

So maybe we'll get more William on some songs or at least some less standard AIC material. I LOVED the song "A Looking In View" when they released it because it was different but still very AIC. Last Of My Kind and Acid Bubble too.

Back