new Band-Maid - Bestie

Not my favorite music style or production, but at least its an actual song instead of a Tammy Hanson guitar pro rainbow buttsex-fest

I saw them at a club in Phoenix in Oct., 2022. They were excellent. They have a fanatical cult following. The show was pretty scripted and they play to tracks. But they crushed it and it was a "thrill" to see them in person. Bassist and drummer are total badasses, could hang with anyone.

I saw them at a club in Phoenix in Oct., 2022. They were excellent. They have a fanatical cult following. The show was pretty scripted and they play to tracks. But they crushed it and it was a "thrill" to see them in person. Bassist and drummer are total badasses, could hang with anyone.
When I first saw these ladies on YT, years ago, it was the bass player who jumped out at me. She’s very good.

When I first saw these ladies on YT, years ago, it was the bass player who jumped out at me. She’s very good.
And she has great tone too. She's kind of the wiccan/hippie one of the bunch and has her own sub-cult following among their fan base. If you get a chance to see them live, run, don't walk. I think I paid $25 and walked out of there very satisfied.

This is what made them a YT sensation.
"" title="

It must be the Nena affect where they sound better to me singing in Japanese than in English. 😊

First it was Zeppelin and Sabbath. Then it was Van Halen. Then it was Yngwie. Now this?
Damned foreigners taking over all the good rock and roll gigs.

Song in the OP was ok but didn't make it far into it.

I was not prepared for Thrill haha. That was awesome. Made me go back and listen to the song in the OP.

Bestie is their "pop" effort, and it's working, getting the band more exposure and attention...it's like their version of hair metal power ballads.

Another thing they have going for them is they managed to keep this line-up together for many years which is unusual; some of the other Japanese women bands I like change members surprisingly frequently.

Bestie is their "pop" effort, and it's working, getting the band more exposure and attention...it's like their version of hair metal power ballads.

Another thing they have going for them is they managed to keep this line-up together for many years which is unusual; some of the other Japanese women bands I like change members surprisingly frequently.

Listening now. Fuckin' A, that first tune kills.

Reactions: rsm
Rock music is alive and kickin' in Asia. No doubt about it.
agreed. some of my other favs are Aldious, Gacharic Spin / Doll$Boxx, Mary's Blood, Destrose, Wagakki Band,...

...and Hatsune Miku :)

Rie a.k.a. Suzaku, she's a solo guitarist, did metal in the past, her current band is jazz/fusion

Back