New Diezel owner & Question (Cab)

tbs

hey guys,

i´ve always been a silent reader of this board, but now i am glad to say that i am finally a part of the diezel family :D. i received my VH4 about 6 weeks ago, and i love it more every time i play it :rock:
as a long time mesa boogie user, the first thing i thought when i played the VH4 for the first time was like: "OMG, this thing has the sound i always tried my mesa to sound like, and that without any tweaking efforts"

at the moment the VH4 is running through my mesa recto 4x12 i wanna get rid of. i don´t dislike the sound - besides its sometimes a bit too bassy and undefined - primarily i want to get a smaller cabinet. i think about getting a diezel 2x12 and that is where my confusion starts: should i get the frontloaded or rearloaded? And when are those new "Dillingen"-cabs available? so many questions...

my favorite is the rearloaded because of its slanted speakers (i tested a mesa 2x12 and i didn´t like the fact that the cabinet only sounded good if i sat in front of it on the floor...), but i´ve read that the FL is tighter?

well, i know that the best thing would be to test it for myself, but perhaps anyone has some 2x12 suggestions or experiences....

thanks in advance,
tbs

i would also like to know where to purchase a dillingen made box. i´d prefer a 4*12 fl vintage 30 / g12k100 ;)

sry that i cant help you with your 2*12 problem, all i know is that, as you quoted, the fl sound tighter!

yeah I mean........ For a player that plays EVERYTHING (jazz/blues/pop/rock/hard rock/metal) which one's better? I've read that FL cabs are better for heavy music, but for an all around musician which one?

Best would be to hear both in person and compare. I was in Dillingen an compared a FL V30, FL G12K100 and RL V30. Out of all I liked the FL combination of two V30 and two G12K100 best. The rearloaded didn't work with the VH4 at all imo.

By the way, the new 2x12 FL are also oversized with slanted baffle now ;)

Jaymz82":2nzecn08 said:
serious? now thats one very cool information! (or was it a joke?)

You know what would be cool, to have an x pattern in a 4x12 where two are rear loaded and two are front loaded. now that would be the balls!

tbs":259e2x6s said:
Jaymz82":259e2x6s said:
serious? now thats one very cool information! (or was it a joke?)

That is what Peter Stapfer told me at the Musikmesse and I've seen them there. But I'm not sure if they are already in production.

Back