New Einstein in town!

Joe

Hi Boys,

my new toy: :thumbsup:

I'm totally blown away from the sound at bedroom levels and a little bit scared when thinkink about the first few chords at stage level .... :D :D
Are there other G-System users out there? How do you set your levels (Einstein channel volume vs. G-Sys input)?

Cheers
Einstein-Joe

Thanks again @ Peter Diezel and ACY!

Attachments

• diezel.jpg
    diezel.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 416
you can use it to switch the head. a little advice on the g system, the boost is not a true boost. set the boost on all of the time and the maximum boost 10db. this will put you at the same signal volume as if the g system was not in the chain.
enjoy
Andy W

I use a G-system with my Einstein Combo. I've modded my combo with a stereo jack to switch ch 1 modes. There are two stereo relays on the G-system so it works perfectly to switch modes/channel/masters. I use mine split in a rack using short cables to take full advantage of the correct effect placement in relation to the preamp/loop abilities. My wireless also sits in the rack, cable length is minimal

Yes, always set the G-system with Boost on. It is an attenuator not a boost and may adversely effect tone. All of the guys that give the g-system a bad rap for tone suckage are too stupid to realise that simple fact especially if you use it straight into the front of an amp without loops. (diezel owners are much smarter than that) With "boost on" the g-system is totally transparent. Use the master on the Einstein for boost and the "boost" on the g-system for a cut (sometimes you need it)

I have the input setting on the g-system set to 10db, loops setting at 0, headroom 2db. That makes everything the same level as if it wasn't there

My settings are
CH 1 gain 1:30, Volume 12:00, Treble 1:30, Mid 10:30, Bass 10:30, Reverb 12:00,
CH 2 gain 10:30, Volume 1:30, Treble 12:00, Mid 12:00, Bass 12:00, Reverb 12:00,
Deep 12:00, Presence 1:30, Master1 9:00, Master2, 10:00

Guitar is a PRS Hollowbody1

p.s. had a chance to hook my Einstein Combo up to test unit on saturday. We were playing around with Valves.

From memory, with JJ EL-34's the amp put out over 40 watts totally clean, peak output was close to 110 watts. My tech was VERY impressed with the amp

We also tried KT-88's but output was considerably less. I stuck with the 34's

Hi!

Thanks for all your replies and the settings!

philipnz":3aa39 said:
I use a G-system with my Einstein Combo. I've modded my combo with a stereo jack to switch ch 1 modes. There are two stereo relays on the G-system so it works perfectly to switch modes/channel/masters. I use mine split in a rack using short cables to take full advantage of the correct effect placement in relation to the preamp/loop abilities. My wireless also sits in the rack, cable length is minimal

The same here exept the mode switching possibility. This would be a really cool option for my Rig! Is this the tubelit mod?

Regarding the G-System boost function I have one question: Instead of switching the boost on in each preset, isn't it the same when you set the max boost level to zero in the global settings menue?

Cheers
Joe

mine is just a simple stereo jack wired up to the mode selector switch, one jack, three wires. As detailed in the sticky thread above.

yes you can just set the boost for 0 but i like being able to footswitch a small cut if needed

Hey Joe!
That mod´s easy to do, if wished!

Good to hear you´re loving your new "mate" so much!

cheers, "ACY"

P.S.: Specially in combination with the G-System that could be a very interesting mod as you can program different Masters!

Hey Olaf!
Don´t worry! If you wouldn´t have done it, someone else would burn in hell!

And as you been laughing bout me so much in the last couple days, I prefer "you burning in hell"!

Griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :D

"ACY"

Yeah!

And I am almost shure that this "Olaf-will-burn-in-hell-Mod" should sound even more killer when using a shielded power cable!

;)

Back