New Einy User Arrives!

Halikus

All hail Guys and Gals of the Diezel forum!

My name is Peter, I Live in Kent England and I'm the very proud owner of an Einstein Combo.

Firstly I have to say that this is the most versatile amp I have ever played and this makes me very very happy as my tastes are eclectic to say the least! everything from chicken pickin to shred and prog metal.

I bought this amp secondhand and blind based on the recommendation of my buddies over at Ultimate guitar, well I think anyone would pick the Einy if presented with a choice of a Mesa tremoverb(Nice amp but a bit of a one trick pony imo) a Randall RM100 (was lovin the idea of swapping preamps and building my ultimate 3 channels but the good stuff all comes from modded modules and that was looking to be a pricey game to play) a Rivera Fandango (sounded really nice clean but the lead was not up to my requirements) and of course the only decision that could be made the Einy!

Einy was mint and I really do mean mint, not a blemish in sight. I bought it from Jam guitars in Bristol(awesome guys there, just epic really) and had it shipped to Kent. Frankly they could have said it was brand new and nobody would argue. Story goes that Jam have a customer who goes through amps like underwear. He just buy stuff plays if for a few hours and then trades it in against his next purchase. He had the Einy for a record of 2 weeks before trading it in. Long story short I got it for £1250 and I couldn't be happier so far.

Now Id love to use my TC G-major to channel switch using the TC's relay switching and just control it all via midi. Anyone else do this? Its just Il need to buy a new cable to hook it all up and id rather not spend money on a cable that Im not 100% will work.

Halikus":1mqvdxpg said:
Now Id love to use my TC G-major to channel switch using the TC's relay switching and just control it all via midi. Anyone else do this? Its just Il need to buy a new cable to hook it all up and id rather not spend money on a cable that Im not 100% will work.
Welcome.

Works great - all you need is a stereo jack (to replace one of the speaker jacks), three wires to hook the stereo jack to the front-panel toggle switch - and for your connection to the Major a stereo cable.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words ans welcomes to the family!

Im not sure about doing the channel 1 mode mod as of yet as so far im quite happy with the 2 channel setup but its good to know that it can be done.

I guess il get myself a stereo patch cable so the G-Major can switch the Master and Channels.

EDIT: I have another question actually! I have a 4x10 8 ohm cab sat under my Einy at the mo and I was wondering if there is a safe way to run the V30 @ 16 ohms in the combo and the 4x10 @ 8 ohms it currently lives on or will I need to forget this ide and run one or the other.

uwgestein":2do6tp0s said:
Have a look at this:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=56982

I think this will answer your quetion!

Awesome stuff man, thats just the ticket!

On a side note I got my channel switching sorted last night due to the arrival of my stereo patch cable and I have to say I'm astounded at the lack of pops and thumps when channel switching that every other amp I'v done this with has produced.

Truly a testament to the quality of the design and build, Great work Peter!

Back