New Mick Mars..

I can dig it. Thanks for posting. I'm glad Mick is doing something :yes:

Didn't care for the chorus parts on this song, reminded me too much of Fall Out Boy :dunno:

reminded me of Ministry till they got to the Chorus ........ I love Mick ..... been a huge fan since 83 !!!

its a little all over the place stylistically. chorus dosent fit. i did like the build up into the solo, but then the solo should have been twice as long?? maybe they edited it for the video. 4/10

I listened to that in while reading an interview with him earlier. Sounds like there is some heavier stuff coming out as well. Not bad. Was pleasantly surprised when the heavy verse riff kicked in.

Better than anything Motley has done in awhile plus there is an actual singer singing.

One thing is Mick has Ray Luzier on drums for the entire solo album, dude is a beast. Plus Jacob Bunton, from Mars Electric and Lynam out of Birmingham. He also did the Steven Adler, so got some good musicians around him.

I'm impressed! Production sounds good. Definitely going for the modern rock sound, but I think he pulls it off. I could hear this being played on sirius octane.

its a little all over the place stylistically. chorus dosent fit. i did like the build up into the solo, but then the solo should have been twice as long?? maybe they edited it for the video. 4/10
I didn't think the chorus fit either .....

That was definitely respectable and that tone, that's the Mick tone. It's those fat mids and the attack of his picking hand. Good for him. Glad he didn't just drop another garbage uninspired Motley album. Let John Dorky5 do that with his gay chin tele.

Surprised he didn’t try to make more of a guitar statement with his first release. Not that much guitar in it. Couple of simplish riffs and more of a fill break than a solo. Still a fan, but hope the rest are more interesting.

Mick IS Crue. The other three made that sound but Mick was always the core but didn't get the press coverage the others did. He was always an afterthought.

Sit back one day and listen to some of his solos and how much they fit the songs but are never overdone or flashy. His tone is amazing and has original riffs.

I must be older than Mick looks because that was too modern sounding for me. That chorus was way not my style.

Back