New Pick Incoming...

Just got the bastard. It is perfect size. Very small and the crosses going all the way through keeps that thing steady.
The bevel is the smoothest i have had on any material, and flows over the string. Need to play with it more, but this is a bad bitch.
Awesome man! I'm still waiting on mine. Really hoping it's waiting in the mail for me when I get home. Are we gonna get any clips? Assuming there is a noticeable sound difference with it compared to other picks of yours.

Awesome man! I'm still waiting on mine. Really hoping it's waiting in the mail for me when I get home. Are we gonna get any clips? Assuming there is a noticeable sound difference with it compared to other picks of yours.
Ha. I usually put out clips pretty quick, but my computer has been down for a bit. Maybe this weekend i can get the bastard running again. If not, i can do an in the room rather than micd cab

Just got the bastard. It is perfect size. Very small and the crosses going all the way through keeps that thing steady.
The bevel is the smoothest i have had on any material, and flows over the string. Need to play with it more, but this is a bad bitch.
that pick looks cool but also cheesy.....like something you would see in a movie about a guy that sells his soul to Satan to become the biggest rock star in the world & it's the special pick that makes him so shredtastic. It's the pick equivalent of all the guys that thought they were cool or more metal by wearing trench coats to school in the 90's in 100 degree heat in Florida.

that pick looks cool but also cheesy.....like something you would see in a movie about a guy that sells his soul to Satan to become the biggest rock star in the world & it's the special pick that makes him so shredtastic. It's the pick equivalent of all the guys that thought they were cool or more metal by wearing trench coats to school in the 90's in 100 degree heat in Florida.
My favorite go to pick was tortex 1.35mm. Unfortunately, they wear out quickly. I always look for materials that dont because of that. Had a granite looking pick that was great, but i wore it out also. I dont care about wearing out strings, as i replace them all the time anyway. The pick is your connection to the guitar and amp through the strings. It is very intimate for me.

My favorite go to pick was tortex 1.35mm. Unfortunately, they wear out quickly. I always look for materials that dont because of that. Had a granite looking pick that was great, but i wore it out also. I dont care about wearing out strings, as i replace them all the time anyway. The pick is your connection to the guitar and amp through the strings. It is very intimate for me.
That's a Great way of putting it.

Still waiting on mine. Otto said some other ones sent at the same time just reached the US yesterday, so hopefully mine arrives soon. The postman may be getting the wrong idea about my excitement when he arrives...

Touching lol

I think I'm still just an old Dunlop guy.

I did buy a few Winspear and really like them but always go back the Dunlop tortex.

I just cant do too thick I guess but there's pros and cons. If you're crazy like me, they sound better and they last so much longer.

Those Dunlop wear down very quickly. I'm just waiting for the everlasting tortex.

The problem I've found with thicker is there's no grip but I definitely have not tried too many of them.

Wow. That took a long time. How do you like it?
Yeah, 7-8 weeks. Maybe USPS was gigging with it before sending it on?

Anyhow, I like it. First impressions are that the tip profile feels almost exactly how I thought it would (as soft or softer than a purple 2mm dunlop when picking super shallow, but with the broad shoulders of the 420 flow when digging in), and it glides over the strings as easy as my 420 flow, if not easier, when strumming. With this pick I can actually hold it pretty near to perpendicular to the body and parallel to the strings and still not have issues strumming. My worn 420 would occasionally catch. It's also stupidly light (my kitchen scale shows 8.7 grams, or about 9 paperclips) compared to what I expected. We'll see how it wears. So far it just seems to get shinier on high-wear spots? Maybe there are tiny scratches? I think it's probably already ahead of my plastic picks though, which was kinda the point.

How's yours been?

How are you guys breaking picks? I've had one Jazz III I've used for like 2 or 3 years and it still plays just fine.

Back