New Ruby EL34BSTR/BW... Anyone using them ?

Bash_Man

Anyone using it tried the latest version of the Ruby EL34BSTR/BW?

I bought them years ago and really liked the way they sounded. When I got back into playing music, they were no longer made. But I recently looked again and looks like they're made again.

Thoughts?

Have not tried the latest version but had the same experience as you with an older set. I always go for NOS now that I have a couple of good sources. I do wonder how they perform though, because I am not against modern tubes.

According to Doug at Doug's tubes, the Ruby EL34BSTR is Infact back in production.

Be interesting to hear and see the quality if it's the same as before.

Anyone using it tried the latest version of the Ruby EL34BSTR/BW?

I bought them years ago and really liked the way they sounded. When I got back into playing music, they were no longer made. But I recently looked again and looks like they're made again.

Thoughts?
I like them. I have the original Shuguang productions ones that I bought from Doug in one of my JVM's. In fact right when the Tube/Covid thing hit I bought a couple sets as backups from Doug. Sound good to me. When I could no longer get the original Winged C's which came originally came in the JVM that is what I switched too.

The Shuguang tube factory was torn down for the 2022 winter Olympics cuz jina needed the real estate.
Thats the only reason.
They're not "making tubes again" cuz that factory was torn down.
But the communist capitalists im sure will be schleping some sort of vacuum devices.
I have 3 sets of NOS power tubes in all 3 of my amps and don't need any more power tubes even tho i have backups and NOS preamp tubes O'plenty.
And its EL-34 B / STR [special tube request.]
And theres is nothing "special" about them just plain ole EL-34's.

They built a new factory and most certainly are producing tubes again. I knew Dave Friedman was getting samples of the new tubes so checked in with him and he said they sound as good as the old ones. They're starting to show up again through distributors, I've got 4 of the new 12AX7s here but haven't tried them out yet. I've also seen IIRC EL34s and KT88s from the new factory.

Latest Friedman I had hadn't Ruby labeled JJ's in the preamp. Most Chinese out there have been Psvane. Shuguang could be at it again, but I haven't seen them readily available. I also never found anything special about them.

Back