New to Diezel amps...

delmuerte":1rd7fkxz said:
That's the thing, though. Having a mute button would be perfect for stepping on and off for tight chokes. Going from channel 3 to channel 1 and back for a choke is not ideal. Also, having a channel that is a copy of channel 3+the loop on is not quite as ideal as just being able to turn on the loop with the working channel 3.

So I'm looking at the back of a MK2 and I don't understand how this footswitch is supposed to work with this one, either. The footswitch didn't come with any instructions and the footswitch in on the head (like the MK1) looks like XLR and the pedal is 1/4". Is it XLR to 1/4"?

This is the 1/4" hookup for the FS7HE on the MKII: http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/img/produ ... ub_m_7.jpg

You can make a midi patch for mute, but it wouldn't be a hit to enable and then hit again to disable... you would have todo one for mute and then another for mute off. That would make the choke thing quite difficult... kinda like pedal dancing (which midi tries to remove) or toe heel in a manual vehicle haha.

Haha, yeah, I hate the dancing. I did have a muted patch for a while, but again, the dance, and then I was running a tuner in front of the amp, but I wanna go wireless and I also don't wanna have to run a bunch of extra cable just for a tuner and muting. The FS7HE seemed like a perfect solution.

I'm seriously considering selling the MK1 in favor of buying a MK2 which has completely broken my brain.

Ummm..... ISP Noise suppressor? I use it to make "stoppy" parts more defined. I turn it to the lowest possible setting that I can for the parts and it doesn't hinder the tone or sustain to any noticeable degree in a live band setting. If you feel like it does hinder the tone then dont keep it on for the whole song.

I have the ISP, but I'm not crazy about the way it works. You're right, though, I could possibly learn to just turn it on before chokes.

Actually, it does make me wonder if you have the mute switch engaged, can you also use the loop (i.e. for tuning)?

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":17ymcv5b said:
Seriously just get a true bypass switch and wire a solid short in the on position. SUPER simple.

You're already speaking above my pedal education level, haha.

Hey guys,

I have a question for anyone that may have some info on this. Has any of you experimented with the RJM Music Amp Gizmo?

My plan is to be able to control via MIDI both my Diezel Herbert and my newly acquired Diezel Lil Fokker head which is non-MIDI. A friend of mine suggested I get the amp Gizmo and the Voodo LAb Ground Control Pro. I haven't had a chance to get more specifics from him, but if anyone here send me in the right direction that would be cool.
I have not bought anything yet.

My goal is to be able to control both amps, together or separately and share my pedalboard effects through a 4x12 stereo cabinet.

Can this even be done?

Thx

Octavio323":ajdho611 said:
Hey guys,

I have a question for anyone that may have some info on this. Has any of you experimented with the RJM Music Amp Gizmo?

My plan is to be able to control via MIDI both my Diezel Herbert and my newly acquired Diezel Lil Fokker head which is non-MIDI. A friend of mine suggested I get the amp Gizmo and the Voodo LAb Ground Control Pro. I haven't had a chance to get more specifics from him, but if anyone here send me in the right direction that would be cool.

My goal is to be able to control both amps, together or separately and share my pedalboard effects through a 4x12 stereo cabinet.

Can this even be done?

Thx

What are you using for fx exactly? If you are not set in stone on what you have, you might want to consider simplifying and going with a rack fx processor. I use this.
http://www.tcelectronic.com/g-major-2/ The built in switching relay is great. I use that relay to control the channel switching on my Twin Jet. The way my setup works is that I have ch1 on my TJ muted (ch volume on 0) and use ch2, paired in stereo with my Herbert, as my crunch and lead settings. When I want a clean tone, G major switches to ch1 on TJ and delivers no sound, Herbert ch1 handles cleans. Same for muting the whole rig, Ch1 on TJ and mute function on Herbert.

Octavio323":3ejuce8w said:
Hey guys,

Can this even be done?

Thx

I use the RJM Mini Amp Gizmo and it really is a cool and useful little box if you want to get your amp MIDI controlable. However, since the Lil Fokker is a very simple amp and you can only footswitch between the 2 channels and the 2 Master Volumes I think it would be better if you get the RJM Switch Gizmo. It is designed in mind with amps that have 1/4 inch jacks (mono or TRS) and which do not have that much footswitchable functions as is with the Lil Fokker: https://www.rjmmusic.com/switchgizmo.php
You can email RJM to confirm that it would work fine with the Fokker. I would also recommend the RJM MasterMind GT to control the whole rig. However, you would need a loop switcher so you have your effects MIDI controlled too. Since the Herbert is already MIDI equipped you can easily connect it with the Switch Gizmo and the GT via MIDI cables. You can even phantom power all MIDI devices thru the Herbert. You just need to make sure their combined consumption does not exceed the capabilities of the Herbert to power them over the 7-Pin MIDI Thru.
If you want to run your amps simultaneously you would need a good signal splitter, which would allow you to choose if only one or the other amp is playing or both together. You would also have to take into account any phase issues if both amps run together and if you would need to invert the phase on the go.

Back