NGD: 2022 EVH Wolfgang Special QM Solar Burst

Texhex

This guitar kicks ass! I'm seriously digging this thing. I'm finally used to the jumbo frets, the neck is awesome, I'm loving the body size and shape and the EVH humbucker sounds incredible.

I was really nervous about spending money on these MIM guitars. I have a 2015 Les Paul Traditional and a 2016 American Standard Strat and wanted to add something different. I had purchased one of the MIM Frankensteins which came out to $2200 after tax and that guitar was a total joke for that kind of money (although it did sound great) and I returned it. This guitar is the total opposite.

If you have a chance to check out these newer quilted maple EVH Specials you owe it to yourself to take one for a spin.

0v82MUU.jpg

5uyYpu9.jpg

BfwFPPh.jpg

These are great guitars I've owned a few of them over the years. I've never had a problem with the quality. Love the color and the top on that thing congratulations and enjoy!

Absolutely Beautiful.

(and I’d love to see a pic of the Shelby some time…)

Yeah that one has been on my Sweetwater wish list since they started stocking them a few months ago. I've played a few WG Standards and they all felt fairly cheap, but the Specials seem to be good for the money. How are you liking the pickups?

That's a stunning looking guitar , never warmed up to the shape of them but I know they play fantastic.

I love the Standards :)
I didn't have a good 1st impression with a few of them. Maybe because I'm so used to my Sterling AX40s I dunno. On paper the Standards should kick major ass. Could be the pickups sounding different than the Peavey versions (that's what I have in one of my AX40s)

I didn't have a good 1st impression with a few of them. Maybe because I'm so used to my Sterling AX40s I dunno. On paper the Standards should kick major ass. Could be the pickups sounding different than the Peavey versions (that's what I have in one of my AX40s)
I have done some work to both of mine to get them as best as they could be. I just think they are super comfortable... way more than the arch top, or flat top models.

The EVH pickups have Alnico II pickups, and the Peavey pickups were Alnico V, so that would make a big difference between them.

Yeah that's a beauty.. it also feels a bit throw back to his original run of guitars when he stopped using the strats/kramers. I like that. Almost the traditional look for these if you will. I wouldn't mind owning one at some point. After a while how many more of the same do you need right? Nice to collect diff geets.

Back