NGD - 59 Dirty Lemon Les Paul

Anxiety Serum

Picked up a 59 Dirty Lemon Light-Aged.

Bitter sweet because I have to let the 58 go (she's on sale here). I'll miss the thicker neck, darker rosewood, and a slightly more aged look to the 58 (checking shows better on plain top and darker back and the inlays looked more aged). But I needed lower frets to slide some drop-C# power chords easier. I'll even miss those higher 58 frets during open chording and single note vibrato.

That said this new one is fantastic. Flame looks even better in person. A/B'ed and the sounds were very close, so I won't be missing anything tone wise.

20230406_200042.jpg
20230406_200457.jpg
20230406_195031.jpg
20230406_200438.jpg
20230406_203836.jpg
20230406_145418.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I have a poorly finished "dirty lemon" - doesn't really look dirty lemon. The previous owner, who had the clone built wanted a Greg Martin CC look. Very very very thin finish i.e. no clear coat. I tried to smooth out the finish with wet sanding and a few strokes took the finish right off lolll (the exposed portion on the belly:)

q9EwYxv.jpg

Nice. I have a poorly finished "dirty lemon" - doesn't really look dirty lemon. The previous owner, who had the clone built wanted a Greg Martin CC look. Very very very thin finish i.e. no clear coat. I tried to smooth out the finish with wet sanding and a few strokes took the finish right off lolll (the exposed portion on the belly:)

q9EwYxv.jpg
Still looks cool

q9EwYxv.jpg
It's very Slash

Very sweet setup but I have to say…M anal amp is the best brand name since Wangs.
Finnish word: Manala = place where people go after dying according to the Finnish mythology.
The small village I live is called Mahnala so that's how I found that name for my home build amps.

My first amp builds were Friedman BE clones so the brown eye connection is pretty strong too...go figure.🤪
Guess "Wangs" can mean quite a many different things too.

Back