NGD - Early ESP Kamikaze 1!!

Here is one of my guitar projects I have going on right now. Kamikaze clone.
My intent was to have it paint by a auto body guy I know but that fell through.
I have it sealed,primered,and paint right now.
I have a kinda cool idea for it and then I’ll clear it.
I’ll make sure I post a pic when I’m done.
Definitely post when done!!

Here ya go mike.
Kamikaze specs with Ss frets.

The finish has two screw ups but thankfully there out of the way.

Attachments

• 55159FB7-0B53-462A-A68C-357AC6F2848C.jpeg
    55159FB7-0B53-462A-A68C-357AC6F2848C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
Here is one of my guitar projects I have going on right now. Kamikaze clone.
My intent was to have it paint by a auto body guy I know but that fell through.
I have it sealed,primered,and paint right now.
I have a kinda cool idea for it and then I’ll clear it.
I’ll make sure I post a pic when I’m done.

Where did you get the body?

As far as I know the Kamikaze sold with a Screamin Demon. If the very first runs came with something else , not sure what that could be.

Prior to the Demon it was the Duncan Distortion. The Demon came out in the early 90s and I think there might have been a year or two gap before they started putting them in the ESPs. The Distortion in mine sounded better than the Demon.

Thanks! It's really heavy, but it plays and sounds so nice. I like the SD Custom too

Is it maple? Both the Kamikaze and Tiger are over 10 pounds. I pick up my LP Custom after playing these and it feels like nothing.

Not 100% sure, because the figuring is not very maple-like from my experience, but it also doesn't have that ash look either. It certainly feels like maple.

You can have maple that is not like the highly-figured tops on a lot of guitars.

You can have maple that is not like the highly-figured tops on a lot of guitars.
Oh I know. But maple has such a tight grain, you rarely, if ever, get that ash-like figuring. I have been surprised by some maple figuring, but I'm inclined to agree that this is a heavy ash.

Back