NGD Fender/Charvel Jake E. Lee replica

projectx102

Check it out, it has all the correct specs including: 1 piece swamp ash body,21 fret maple neck with rosewood fretboard w/skunkstripe and bullet truss rod adjuster. It has the 3 bolt Fender neck plate as well.Pickups are 2-Dimarzio SDS-1 single coils (slanted)and a Duncan JB.It also has a NOS Charvel brass bridge black chromed on the baseplate and the saddles are chromed.Oh and the tuners are black Gotoh's with the pearl buttons.So far it plays great with nice low action.I haven't plugged it in yet but will do shortly.

DSC00561.jpg

A buddy of mine has one of those made by GMW. He has had it for years. Very cool guitar. :thumbsup:

That one looks just like it! :rock:

Sweet!!! If you really want to nail it, try to track down an old Duncan Holdsworth and swap out the JB.

rupe":1glofyxx said:
Sweet!!! If you really want to nail it, try to track down an old Duncan Holdsworth and swap out the JB.

You can buy those from the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop now, they're like $150 + a 6 week wait.. But i heard that pickup is supposed to sound amazing! Doug Aldrich had that pickup in his Strats for a long time, and i always felt he got his best tone during that time.

MrDan666":28g68tq5 said:
rupe":28g68tq5 said:

You can buy those from the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop now, they're like $150 + a 6 week wait.. But i heard that pickup is supposed to sound amazing! Doug Aldrich had that pickup in his Strats for a long time, and i always felt he got his best tone during that time.
I think the only difference is a second row of screws.

projectx102":2ica8cmz said:
MrDan666":2ica8cmz said:

I was also told the Holdsworth has Alnico 2 Magnets while the JB has Alnico 5

MrDan666":2qe0wsd7 said:
projectx102":2qe0wsd7 said:
MrDan666":2qe0wsd7 said:

I was also told the Holdsworth has Alnico 2 Magnets while the JB has Alnico 5
Ahhh ok.I actually found out it's not a JB in this one but an SH5 Custom.I played it at practice tonight and I love it! It was loud and agressive with a really nice tight bottom end but it still cleans up when you roll the volume knob down.This guitar has a killer tone.Very responsive and cuts through the band nicely without annoying top end.

Great guitar!! I absolutely worship Jake E. Lee since back in the day. He had such a unique style and great tone on the Bark at the Moon record and all the Badlands stuff.

projectx102":8j3s3sh3 said:
GtrWiz":8j3s3sh3 said:
Cool!

Did you do that yourself or order it somewhere?
It was built by John David at Doberman Guitars.He did an awesome job.

If you don't mind me asking, what did that cost you? I've always wanted one...

Back