NGD: Joyo Pedals. I am king cheap.

Sick Michael

I got the American, British and US Dream pedals.

American. Friggin great, played it through a PA, sounds infinitely better than the 30 odd quid I paid for it. So Good, was totally surprised by it!! Sounds like a Fender Amp, through the feel is a bit different. You can change the voicing which is really neat. Takes pedals well, I hit it with a Bad Monkey and a Crunch Box. The Crunch Box through it sounds pretty good. It also records really well, just plugged it straight into a sound card....great, budget recording option. SRV tones with the Bad Monkey.

British. Sounds good, but not as good as the above, the American was full and phat sounding, the British, a little bit thinner, the best setting is with the voicing down, in low gain territory. Not good for Van Halen and above in terms of gain, but for hendrixy/SRV stuff, its on the money.

US Dream. Frig me...for 30 quid...better than my crunch box, lower gain, more useable gain, better, more useable mids. Played it into my Boogie's clean channel - sounds like Gary Moore on the Live Blue videos (one of my grail tones). Its phat, and sounds amazing, harmonics scream out...it also doesnt sound boxy which the CB can do at times....the CB is not a good match for my Boogie, I've decided. But the US dream is amazin! Enough gain for leads, but also enjoys a push from some other OD pedal. Modern in that its tight, but the voicing isnt harsh or scooped.

Not sure about the morality of these...basically ripping off other pedals for much cheaper....hmmm....they are making me want to play more, so thats a reasonable justification I guess.

Back