NGD!!!

maddnotez

Banned
Sort of. I just bought but it will probably take a day or two on shipping so incoming!!!!

I am late to the party but I just got a JP2C. I have never been a huge fan of Mesa TBH but I have been checking out this amp recently and the more I read and heard the more I got the GAS attacks.

This thing has a lot of features that I have been missing and I can't wait.

Congrats, I've also never been a huge Mesa fan, but probably because I've never owned one. Not sure why I've never taken the plunge. But I have been gassing lately for the new Triple Crown 50 or 100. I'd also love to have the JP2C or a Mark V.

stratjacket":sinjln5g said:
Congrats, I've also never been a huge Mesa fan, but probably because I've never owned one. Not sure why I've never taken the plunge. But I have been gassing lately for the new Triple Crown 50 or 100. I'd also love to have the JP2C or a Mark V.

The triple crown looks pretty killer man. I just kept seeing modern metal associated with the JP and that is what I like.......plus the clips I heard, idk..Hopefully I can dial in something nice with it.

Wizard of Ozz":2u056lb9 said:
The JP2C is a great amp. I waited to get one too... so glad I finally did. Really impressive tones. Congrats.

Good to hear!!! and thanks. Hopefully it ships today. Will post back after I get my hands on it.

Score! That AMP has so many killer features. I woulda given up my girlfriend for an amp like that back in the 80s.

rottingcorpse":33ib9rhc said:
Score! That AMP has so many killer features. I woulda given up my girlfriend for an amp like that back in the 80s.

I may accept partial trades.

I've liked all the mark series, and the features on that one are way cool. The one amp I WILL buy again is my old red stripe. Pretty much all the marks have been up to doing modern metal imo.

JP-2C is a great amp! I used one through all of my gigs and rehearsals in the summer. It’s a fantastic amp! I did end up selling it though as the Friedman gas hit me pretty hard and I have realized now that EL-34s are what works for me.

Let us know your thoughts after you get your hands on it!

I guess I've never gassed for a Mesa like I have many other brands :dunno: Not adverse to trying a Recto or TC someday though.

MetalHeadMike":db0zjskj said:
Let us know your thoughts after you get your hands on it!

I guess I've never gassed for a Mesa like I have many other brands :dunno: Not adverse to trying a Recto or TC someday though.

Me neither :LOL: :LOL:

TBH I’ve always wrote Mesa off. I’ve played a couple and didn’t like them. (Rectos) But Idk, I was really digging the clips I’ve heard and all the posts I read about the amp.

I think it’s gonna be nice. I have a green Uberschall and while I LOVE the amp the features are so out dated. I think the extra channel/Dual EQ/XLR out are going to be amazing on the JP2C.

I’ll definitely post back, should have it in 2 Days.

The real GAS was Friedman JJ but my wallet said Mesa :LOL: :LOL:

I’m also an EL34 guy but if an amp sounds good then whatever. I’ve actually had amps with 6l6/EL34 bias switch and still prefer the EL34 but my 5150 combo sounds mean and is 6l6.

Will see how it goes. I’m sure I’m going to love it but we will see. Have never played a Mark Series so this was purely based off YouTube clips and forum posts.

I did run a poll with some people and the consensus was JP2C.

I’d personally take the JP2C over any Friedman... but that’s just me. I like the tight, cutting tone more.

Check out Petrucci’s vids on YouTube for some good starting settings and go from there. The dual graphic eqs really make the amp.

Grats! I've never been a Mesa guy either but did have some JP2C gas when they were first released. No place here has them locally to hear.

Congrats! Great amp. One of the many cool things about the Marks is that they take boosts well. The perfect amp to me would be a Marshall-Mesa hybrid. I throw a mid boost pedal in front of the Mesa and it gets Marshally, while I drop the mids a bit on my Marshalls to get more Mesa. Lol

Congrats brother! Super excited to hear your thoughts on it and.......I'm calling dibs now. Just so we have that on paper. :D

Gsxrbusa":gb6yt43z said:
Congrats brother! Super excited to hear your thoughts on it and.......I'm calling dibs now. Just so we have that on paper. :D
:LOL: :LOL:

Don't worry I will give you the bro deal as long as you sell it back to me in 2 years at double the price. :thumbsup:

Wait, I think I have a deal pending with Martin's g/f?

Been wanting to give one of these a whirl. Grats!
I get to try a real 2c+ this weekend at my buddies. He’s been on a buying spree the past few months.
I’m living vicariously through him right now.

Wizard of Ozz":3l17sczb said:
I’d personally take the JP2C over any Friedman... but that’s just me. I like the tight, cutting tone more.

Check out Petrucci’s vids on YouTube for some good starting settings and go from there. The dual graphic eqs really make the amp.

We have very similar tastes my friend, until it comes to Friedman’s. Hahaha.
You know I value your opinion, and you have owned waaaaay more than me.
Feel free to pm, but I’m interested what your experience led to, and which Friedman you tried.
Cause my slax cuts like no ones business and is super tight.
Ive tried the wildwood smallbox, be50 and dirty Shirley 40, and the slax def is a different beast.
Sorry to derail.

LunatiBSW":3kx73a1e said:
Been wanting to give one of these a whirl. Grats!
I get to try a real 2c+ this weekend at my buddies. He’s been on a buying spree the past few months.
I’m living vicariously through him right now.

Would love to try one.

From what I have read online, I am sure the JP2C is not a 100% re-issue BUT I read that it is basically a C+ with a more modern take which sounded really good to me.

Agree with the Friedman's, I have never played one but the GAS is real.

First impression, this amp kills. It is a monster and can get stupid heavy. Tons of options.

I like the small size but the tubes are kind of a pain to get to, not a huge deal. Going to practice with the band and will have to A/B with the Bogner but I’m really digging it so far.

Back