Nick Cameron Aldrich Clone | BC Rich US Custom Shop Ironbird

travis bickle

Super stoked to have a Cameron related amp, especially in this beautiful old Marshall - shout out to Ampaddict for a great transaction. Just picked up my BC Rich Ironbird from Granville Guitars (who also works on Cannibal Corpse / Morbid Angel’s guitars) and was blown away by how amazing this plays with an impeccable setup, and sounds with a pair of Lundgren Black Heaven pickups. Im slamming the front end with a Mesa Flux Five pedal to get into fast speed metal territory. Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/fNj5DfgfhFI?si=Qgb5nxha4Hkp02EQ

It’s crazy how one amp can sound so different in the hands of two different owners with different overall rigs. I wasn’t lying that they had retarded levels of gain.

Thanks for sharing and HNAD! I love my aldrich but it only does the brutal.

It’s crazy how one amp can sound so different in the hands of two different owners with different overall rigs. I wasn’t lying that they had retarded levels of gain.

Thanks for sharing and HNAD! I love my aldrich but it only does the brutal.
Many thanks!!!! I have to admit, you guys’ input helped me make my decision; and i couldnt be any happier. Ive been lusting after a Cameron related amp for decades now and it being an old Marshall made it a no brainer. Cheers everyone!

The FBI couldn’t decipher your logo if it meant preventing Armageddon. 666 underground points awarded. 🤘
I’ve heard this amp in the room and it kills, congrats. Beastly clip and playing too man.
🤣🤣🤣 And many thanks!!!!!! Im blown away by the amp honestly, so much low end for standard tuning. I hope this cures my gas for a proper modded Marshall.

🤣🤣🤣 And many thanks!!!!!! Im blown away by the amp honestly, so much low end for standard tuning. I hope this cures my gas for a proper modded Marshall.
Congrats!

That started life as a 'FrankenMarshall' that I got from GC for a good price. It was originally a 1969 Major; and a previous owner made it into a Superlead WAAY back since the transformers are mid 70s period correct Dagnalls. Ran it stock boosted for a bit, then contacted Nick about a mod and away it went...actually dropped it at Nicks place as I was on my way to Fairfield Ct to visit my brother. Got it back and a monster it became!

Brought it down to Chi for our little amp fest and it was a hit....I can honestly say it's a top 3 modded Marshall that I've ever had, which includes many Cams...only reason I sold/traded was my 72 Marshall is still a slightly better tone but not by much.....

Congrats!

That started life as a 'FrankenMarshall' that I got from GC for a good price. It was originally a 1969 Major; and a previous owner made it into a Superlead WAAY back since the transformers are mid 70s period correct Dagnalls. Ran it stock boosted for a bit, then contacted Nick about a mod and away it went...actually dropped it at Nicks place as I was on my way to Fairfield Ct to visit my brother. Got it back and a monster it became!

Brought it down to Chi for our little amp fest and it was a hit....I can honestly say it's a top 3 modded Marshall that I've ever had, which includes many Cams...only reason I sold/traded was my 72 Marshall is still a slightly better tone but not by much.....
Cant thank you enough for the full history on this beast! Great to know the story behind this ultra special amp.

Wicked sounding amp and playing, man! I bought Nick's backup clone of his Aldrich and it is just sick! I think it's probably the same mod you have with some more options. It's tighter, way more flexible, and way meaner than my old Cameron Aldrich 800. My old one was amazing but softer voiced. This one is pissed! I normally hate pedals but I throw a precision drive with the gain rolled off in front of it to tighten up the lows for 7 and 8 string rhythms and it sounds so good. Congrats on a killer amp, man!

Back