No longer available-Larry British Purist (amp is going to a good new home)

SBlue

For trade is my Larry British Purist in mint condition with all the upgrades, foot switch, road case, NOS RFT Siemens power tubes and NOS Tungsram and Siemens(phase inverter) preamp tubes.
I am the original owner.
I will consider trades + or - cash for the following:
-Original Cameron CCV
-Original Jose Arredondo modded Marshall
-Early 50s Gibson Les Paul Standard or Custom(original or converted to humbucker)
-Pre CBS Stratocaster Sunburst, 1959 through 1964
-Pre CBS Telecaster Custom Sunburst
Not looking for much else.
Located in Nashville TN for local pickup.
Will drive a reasonable distance for the right deal.
Description from Larry:
"The British Purist is not your average luxury lamp, no - it is a special tool for the mature guitarist with correspondingly high expectations of sound quality and a critical eye for detail!
For those who have actually already been through everything that has rank, name or even myth, but have yet to be completely satisfied with any of it.
The CLASSIC CHANNEL is designed exactly after the classic and now legendary 100W Plexi Marshall in terms of sound, character and playing behavior, but not in the way that many of the now numerous US boutique cloners with more or less modest success demonstrate - but definitely! Compared to the model '67 Plexi Marshall, this department of the British Purist is rather minimalistic with just three controls & presence and some of the connoisseurs of these original models sometimes want to switch on the normal channel on these models via a patch cable in order to have their own to realize sound. No problem! A short step on the right button of the foot switch and the (internal 'Normal' channel) is 'on', which now sounds constantly in the mix with a carefully reduced setting compared to the setting selected on the gain control and the rich earthiness of the CLASSIC channel further emphasized.
With the ROUGH CHANNEL, things continue seamlessly where you might reach your limits with the CLASSIC channel due to a more riff or gain-oriented playing style. The starting point was the tighter sound with more gain reserves of the 2203 master volume amps from Marshall's first series from the 70s. However, we have defused the often criticized glassy shrillness of this sound and added a lot more 'bottom' and 'body' to it, with the result that we were able to further increase the assertiveness and the popular 'oomph' of this sound while maintaining the same tightness. But that is not all!
To top off this sound, we integrated a booster into the amp, which can be switched on using a foot switch and, of course, like the entire amp, is built using tube technology without compromise. With the three controls BITE, PUNCH & PREGAIN on the back, this booster now enables all facets of modern playing technique from delicate tapping to singing solos of the 'liquid iron' type or biting lead lines to brutally pressing metal riffs.
It should not go unmentioned that this amp was of course meticulously handcrafted. It’s classically hand-wired point, to, point and no economic compromises were made when choosing the 'right' components. The British Purist's transformers come specifically from a special company in California, probably the only company in the world that can still manufacture transformers according to the original '60s specifications.

For the capacitors it had to be the sinfully expensive vintage replicas from the USA, for the electrolytic cups the NOS, LCR from old UK. Stocks - yes, and even the preamp tubes only use NOS types from the '70s manufactured by the well-known companies Tesla and Tungsram. As I said, uncompromising!"
NpHcjAml.jpg

DsmCeE0l.jpg

g3K35SSl.jpg

uJiwpVxl.jpg

QK4QWuwl.jpg

yQdPj4pl.jpg

Zwb4voWl.jpg

mL5WhLCl.jpg

3PndC0jl.jpg

cveO1ysl.jpg

fRf7euyl.jpg

5B8qVbxl.jpg

Last edited:
Interested parties, be careful with this amp!
It does look like a British Purist...
...but in truth it's a British Pubiest!
Look here the proof:

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/a-battle-of-the-larrys.300320/page-15#post-3845639
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/a-battle-of-the-larrys.300320/page-15#post-3845861
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/a-battle-of-the-larrys.300320/page-16#post-3845879

In addition, anyone interested should know that I have now activated the self-destruct electronics via satellite, which destroy the entire circuit after exactly 100 hours of operation.

How many operating hours has this amp already had?
60? 70? Or even more?

Not sure what these Larry amps sound like but they sure look, umm yeah.
These Larry amps just look like they sound 'umm yeah'.
In reality, however, they sound like a fart.
Ask SBlue, he can confirm this and he even recorded a sound clip of it once.
If you wish, I can send you the link to this sound clip.

Interested parties, be careful with this amp!
It does look like a British Purist...
...but in truth it's a British Pubiest!
Exactly. But it's the British Pubiest 100w Full Bush, and not the British Pubiest 50w SH(Shaved Hair). Also not to be confused with the "Cock Blizzard" or the "PMM - Pubes and Mierda Machine".

Does the amp come with a rear 'custom order' protective grille?
I'm talking about this sicilianic sign here:

SBlue-custom_made_back-grille-BP.jpg

Back