NOT MINE - Mesa 2 C+ on reverb.

I have a C(100PT), converted to C+ by Mike B., and it's my favorite Mark 2 C+ ever. Have it for almost 20 years, and never came across another one I like as much. And I've bought and sold, over the years, two other C+, and had the chance to play, at least six more of them, and none were close to the bouncy, punchy and aggressive tone of my C to C+ upgrade. More recently, I've got another one, factory C+(105PT), that, after sending it to Mike B. for maintenance and upgrade it to switchable C+/C++, turned out to be phenomenal too. However, the original C to C+ is still my all time favorite Mesa.
So, I would not hesitate a bit for a C to C+ upgrade for sale.
But that's just me.

I messaged the seller, and he says that he considers it an original IIC+ because it was converted from a IIC to IIC+, during the time they were making IIC+s.
My DRGX is the same way. It was converted from a IIC to a IIC+ back in the mid 80s. Mike B. told me they had a program where you could send your IIC in and Mesa would upgrade it to a + for free. During this process the board was replaced so it’s effectively a factory IIC+. See email attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5101.jpeg
    IMG_5101.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 57
I have a C(100PT), converted to C+ by Mike B., and it's my favorite Mark 2 C+ ever. Have it for almost 20 years, and never came across another one I like as much. And I've bought and sold, over the years, two other C+, and had the chance to play, at least six more of them, and none were close to the bouncy, punchy and aggressive tone of my C to C+ upgrade. More recently, I've got another one, factory C+(105PT), that, after sending it to Mike B. for maintenance and upgrade it to switchable C+/C++, turned out to be phenomenal too. However, the original C to C+ is still my all time favorite Mesa.
So, I would not hesitate a bit for a C to C+ upgrade for sale.
But that's just me.
No argument from me! I love Mark amps of all shapes and sizes 🤣

Mike and I had this conversation a couple days ago when I was at Mesa. He did a IIC SR—>IIC+/++ SRG conversion for me.

The only difference in tone from a IIC—>IIC+ upgrade from a factory IIC+ would be the power transformer (100 vs 105), which is negligible.

If you have the export transformer that’s a bonus, since they sound a little sweeter. As for the 60w transformers, I believe they are the same. People feel free to correct me if I’m mistaken.

Mike’s words not mine, “IIC—>IIC+ is a IIC+”. It’s the same circuit, just different PCB. With the way prices are, I wouldn’t split hairs on the minor details if you’re getting a good deal, buy it!

Just had Mike b convert a no stripe mk3 to 3++ and it’s absolutely crushing with a ferocity that is quite intense. Really fun amp to play.
I’m glad I had a chance to text 2c++ , 3++ , mark IV . Rebuilt mark 3++ wax my fav as well . It drive me nuts not knowing

III+/++ KDRG -> KRG is equally crushing. Just insane headroom and gain on tap.
I do like them all though just thought 3++ has the extra agressive highs thst hetfield added to his 2c++ with the his 2 eqs . Then if I add the Hermansom instead of a nose to my 3++ I get a black album thing going

Back