OCD w/Renegade

hbucker

Anyone here use a Fulltone OCD pedal with their Renegade? How does it sound?

I've heard that the OCD sounds different with different amps. :confused:

I've yet to find an amp that my OCD doesn't get along with. I use one with my Rebel 20 and it works great for that extra push over the cliff and increased pick response/touch sensitivity. I also use a Fat Boost at times with the same rig. I've heard that the Renegades have a bit more gain onboard than say a Rebel 20 so you might try a Fat Boost. Either way you can't go wrong.

Yes, I also use the Fulltone OCD with my Rebel 30 combo it sounds incredible. I almost never use the Lead channel on the Rebel 30 since the OCD covers a very similar sonic territory as the Lead channel.

If you plan to use the OCD, I would highly reccomend using a higher voltage (18 v) supply to it. This gives the OCD more head room so that it acts more like a tube amp (cleaning up nicely when you roll back your volume control on the guitar, etc).

Lately I've used this to setup the Rebel 30 so that I use the Lead channel for more of a slightly overdriven bluesy tone instead of fully saturated tone, then I can use the OCD on either the Clean or Lead channel as a sort of nitro-boost. This gives me the ability to have several tones to choose from: clean, dirty rhythm tones, or full on saturated lead tones.

--Jim

Back