Ohms question..Need some help

I would like to use the two speakers outs of my Bassman into one speaker input to get an 8 ohm load.
Can this be properly achieved with a ‘two into one’ splitter?

When I first saw this I was thinking baseman cab.You're talking about a baseman head correct?

If I'm thinking correctly (i haven't had any sleep) by doing this you would basically be shorting the two outputs together. So I would say no.
wait on the experts to chime in.

If you’re just looking to use the 8ohm cab with the amp, you don’t need to split or merge anything, it is ok to plug an 8ohm cab into a 4ohm amp output. You can safely use higher impedance speakers with an amps lower impedance.
Just don’t use a lower impedance speaker cab on a higher amp setting, for example don’t put an 8ohm speaker into a 16ohm amp output.

The outputs on a bassman are already tied together. They are just two jacks tied to the same tap so you're accomplishing nothing with a splitter, also if they were two separate taps you would be shorting them with a splitter, like splatter said.

Just run the cab straight off one output as stratjacket said. You're safe

Thanks guys for the responses, much appreciated.
I was trying to avoid a two-step mismatch which I did by bringing my 2555x instead. :LOL: :LOL:

Back