Ok guys....you tell me wich tubes I should order!

The Udo

Here´s the scoop fellas...I´m about to replace my preamp tubes...and I´ve read the topics and even started on e myself but I still don´t godamn get it! :no:

First of all, wich brand!?!?!? I kind of figured that the JJ´s are the way to go, right? I play slipknot-like music if that helps you guys in what kind of tone I´m after. So if JJ´s are the way to go, please go to this website:
http://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/index. ... ronic.html
and say WTF I´m suppose to order because as I said, I have noooo clue!! :D

There are toooo many sorts and names for all the tubes and I´m a tube-noobie....so please guys, help a fellow Diezel player out ;)

Keep it cool fellas!

Yeah...THAT much I do now :D
But there are so many different kinds of 12AX7, and I know that you need different sorts of tubes in the sockets....so I need to know which kind to put in which socket.

well then i would probalble go for the ECC83s balanced tubes except in the V1 position i would get the ECC83s V1 tube
or if you wanna spend alot of money go for the ECC83s selected gold

What amp do you have?
Why do you think you need to change the pre amp tubes? Is the amp making bad noises? Do you have Bias Points on the amp?

Ampaddict":32jz7ueq said:
What amp do you have?
Why do you think you need to change the pre amp tubes? Is the amp making bad noises? Do you have Bias Points on the amp?

I have the VH4, it´s from 2005 and the preamp tubes are stock. It´s starting to make some bad feedback, plus I´m gonna replace the poweramp tubes, so I thought I´d replace them all at once

The Udo":3w3sa7y2 said:
Ampaddict":3w3sa7y2 said:
What amp do you have?

I have the VH4, it´s from 2005 and the preamp tubes are stock. It´s starting to make some bad feedback, plus I´m gonna replace the poweramp tubes, so I thought I´d replace them all at once

I understand! :thumbsup: I think the Rubys are Chinese. (pre's and Power)

Peter did a retube for my VH4 a couple of month ago.

Chinese 12AX7 for the preamp and SED =C= EL34 for the poweramp. Simply awesome :rock:

Ok guys...you still haven´t answered my question :no:
I KNOW IT´S 12AX7´S!!! But which one to buy....not Rubys, JJ´s or EHX....but which type....there are alot of different types, like balanced, premuim, selected etc etc....

Get a V1 selection (non microphonic) for V1 and regular tubes for the rest. If you want to spend the money you can use selected or premium as well but it is not needed. V1 is important.

You have to get them from that site?

You can get a balanced 12ax7 for the phase inverter slot... but...

My suggestion is to have a pro tech retube your amp ;he can bias is up etc.

Back