Old G12T-75's.........wasn't expecting this !

blackba":15jwe7rn said:
So are their actual verifiable differences with the older ones versus the newer ones?

I have liked the few G12T-75 speakers that I have had, provided I used a Marshall through them. The mesa mark IVA I have does not get along well with G12T-75's.....

I think the differences between old versus new can mostly be attributed to the old GT12-75s being well broken in. A well broken in speaker just sounds much better.

JonVengeance":3lvph9et said:
blackba":3lvph9et said:
So are their actual verifiable differences with the older ones versus the newer ones?

I have liked the few G12T-75 speakers that I have had, provided I used a Marshall through them. The mesa mark IVA I have does not get along well with G12T-75's.....

I think the differences between old versus new can mostly be attributed to the old GT12-75s being well broken in. A well broken in speaker just sounds much better.
what he said ...........i also have had several 75 cabs and some amps either HATE EM OR LOVE EM!

Not sure if it makes a difference but the older ones were made in England. I've got 4 with a made on date of GW2=July 2 1988. They are great when matched up with V30's :thumbsup:

I don't know, I had those old ones in my Marshall 1960 cab that I bought new in 1985. They were beyond broken in. I thought they were pretty flubby sounding with piercing highs. Every amp I ran through those I had to turn the highs and presence way down. I replaced them with a mix Splawn small blocks and Eminence Governers. Don't miss them a bit.

Back