Opinions on Framus Dragon?

I dunno man, used market is really shitty on the Framus stuff... Given where you are, closer to their home office than we are in the States, they should be cheaper. Also, you are farther away from the Mesa Factory and a Duty payment away as well. I would say maybe try to get some cash to sweeten the deal if you can (pending model and condition of your lonestar). I will say though, the dragon is a BEAST when properly used.
Josh

I'm in England, every shop has a Blackstar :LOL: :LOL:

If I go Blackstar I'd have to get some beans too though, the Lonestars are double a Blackstar head here.

that's why I said it, they sound pretty damn good for the price and are quite versatile, that 200 watter with the kt88 was pretty awesome.

Hey, I'm also based in the UK - London, actually. I've owned a Framus Dragon and a Switchblade. The Switchblade was a bit meh. Versatile, but the tone was too generic.

The Dragon is a very nice amp, but does not have enough gain if you play Metal. It is very tight and articulate, but definitely not a monster by itself. With an OD in front, it becomes really nice.

All in all, I didnt find it too spectacular. Right now I switch between a Dual Rectifier and a Randall RM4/Mesa 50:50 racmounted rig. Both of these are absolute beasts. The Randall will do the Dragon tones if you get the right module. Just my 2p! :)

I was toying with getting a Dragon myself a couple years back. Ended up getting the Cobra.
Should of gotten the Dragon...... :yes:
Just seems more versatile and from the clips seems like it can get down with the Heavyness!
I wouldnt trade a Mesa for it though.

harsh":3nkh22sa said:
Hey, I'm also based in the UK - London, actually. I've owned a Framus Dragon and a Switchblade. The Switchblade was a bit meh. Versatile, but the tone was too generic.

The Dragon is a very nice amp, but does not have enough gain if you play Metal. It is very tight and articulate, but definitely not a monster by itself. With an OD in front, it becomes really nice.

All in all, I didnt find it too spectacular. Right now I switch between a Dual Rectifier and a Randall RM4/Mesa 50:50 racmounted rig. Both of these are absolute beasts. The Randall will do the Dragon tones if you get the right module. Just my 2p! :)
Hey Harsh!
How ya been? :D

Bah... Now I don't know what to do.

When I say metal, I mean Iron Maiden, Metallica, and the like. Not new stuff like Lamb of God and stuff.

I own a Mark IV, so maybe I'm after a hot rodded Marshsall kinda thing?

There's a chap on the Boogie Boards who wants to swap an ENGL Morse head for a Lonestar head, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet :aww:

I played a Dragon and it was the only amp that I actually thought sounded fizzy. I hear that about 5150s but the tiny amount of fizz I've heard from 5150s was nothing like I heard from the Dragon.

Mailman1971":bs39p5p4 said:
harsh":bs39p5p4 said:

Hey Harsh!

Damn, Danny...dunno how I missed your post! How have you been, bro? Hows your Diezel treating ya?

harsh":pu3brlzx said:
Mailman1971":pu3brlzx said:
harsh":pu3brlzx said:

Hey Harsh!

Damn, Danny...dunno how I missed your post! How have you been, bro? Hows your Diezel treating ya?
Hey Harsh.....loving the Diezel. If you get a chance to check them out....DO IT! :thumbsup:
The Herbert is a Metal players dream. :rock:
I loved the VH4S but this Herbert sounds SOOOOO KICK ASS!!! My fave out of everything I have played, Heard or owned. Easily! :yes:
Rock on Brother....

Dan

Forums don't seem to like the Dragon, but Firehouse's Bill Leverty played one live in Cincinnati, and my jaw dropped. It might have been the best tone I've ever heard.

I guess, it helps that he's a monster player.

I like both the Dragon and the Cobra.
Great sounding amps. :rock:
I would take another Cobra in a heartbeat.
Never owned the Dragon but when I played thru one......it was SWEET! :thumbsup:

Back