Output controlled by output level and one unaffected???

bluehugh2

I was wondering... many devices have a situation where you can have a direct output feed that is unaffected when one adjusts the output level control on the box. I would like to feed FOH with a signal that is not affected when I adjust the Level control... so that the feed to my powered monitor can be adjusted for level, while the FOH remains unaffected. I don't see an obvious way to do this... I want both signals to be with load/mic/speaker emulation. Thanks in advance.

Hi Bluehugh, this isn't an option on the Live but if you are using a QSC K series, there's a very cool option on it that may help. There's a small square green connector on the back called "remote". AFAIK, there isn't any commercial plug n play box available for that but the electronics are baby simple as it is just a 0-5v control signal.

You could mount a small volume control on a mic stand. No actual audio passes in this control wire so there is no degradation or noise added. If this is of interest and you don't have a tech, I can help you find somebody.

Back