Pete Thorn Deliverance MKII+ Demo

It is kinda neat to see somebody approach a Fryette amp like that. And yeah he does make it sound more old school. He plays Unchained and it does have the low end squish thing the VH record had.

I'd love to hear somebody like @Bxlxaxkxe get hold of one so we could compare it to his excellent previous Fryette and previously VHT Deliverance clips.

I usually like a bright amp (you can always turn the treble and Presence down) but there’s something about the new version that’s bright in a way I’m just not digging. Definitely would love to try it in person but in comparison clips I’ve heard I still prefer the OG.

It’s dry af but it’s huge sounding and tight if need be . Huge sound in person . I don’t own one but just saying

Well it must not record well then, I definitely wouldn’t call what I’m hearing girthy or huge, sounds really one dimensional and kind of “barky” and just not too pleasing to my ears.

I’ve owned the OG Deliverance and the 50/CL twice. They all had what I can only describe as a “crispy” voicing. I hear it in this clip as well.

I'm going to get one at some point. It has all the tone that I want in an amp. I borrowed a friend's Deliverance II 60 a while ago and it sounded fantastic.

I live in flat... made a mistake in ordering a D120 masterbuild 2019.... thought it could handle at low fart volume like ultra lead but i was wrong..... this D120 is a crazy loud monster.... hardly tweak to desired good level its usually too shrill on the highs and thin at 0.4 volume 😅

I like it. It sounds a lot like the original (which I've owned the 60w version forever) with a couple of simple options added.

It would be cool to have an FX loop, but I've learned to love the simple plug straight in with a boost in front setup.

I foresee Fryette selling at least a handful of amps because of this video. Pete makes it sound really great, and an interesting sound, at least to my ears. I dig it.

Well it must not record well then, I definitely wouldn’t call what I’m hearing girthy or huge, sounds really one dimensional and kind of “barky” and just not too pleasing to my ears.

I hear where you're coming from but I'm not so sure I'd condemn it to that just yet. We've still only heard a couple of clips, and they're from people who aren't typically known for huge modern metal tones.

Well I don’t trust everyone knows how to use all amps so clips are iffy imo .

Well I don’t trust everyone knows how to use all amps so clips are iffy imo .

i dont think the answer can be blame clips every time something dosent sound good, Petes a pro and his vid has the same tonal characteristics as the others and what ive heard in vht's forever.. just kind of dry and open with a rough-ish gain structure. just not my thing

I hear something in the deliverance that reminds me of what Mesa was doing with the Badlander. A nod to the more traditional, tighter 800’ish tones with more flexibility in the tone stack and more gain on tap. Cool amp.

i dont think the answer can be blame clips every time something dosent sound good, Petes a pro and his vid has the same tonal characteristics as the others and what ive heard in vht's forever.. just kind of dry and open with a rough-ish gain structure. just not my thing
Well really I’m just talking about the sounding huge . It’s does for certain

Back