Potential Cameron Customers

AMSnell

Im sure we can all agree on the quality of Mark Camerons products.

But may I issue you a warning before you place your deposit on one of Marks new amps.

Mark has taken probably in the region of 100k in amp orders over the course of over a year now, and so far only 2 amps have been shipped. The guy who was given one says his amp sounds nothing like the demo models and he has just kept it unplayed ever since.

Due to the mysterious circumstances surrounding the shipping of the Cameron amps, a lot of shit was said in both directions, from those both representing cameron and those dissatisfied customers who have been waiting a year for their amp, $1200 out of pocket.

Whilst unconfirmed, its a rumor that the Cameron crew deleted all the threads here to eliminate the massive amounts of negative publicity relating to this.

I try and stand neutral here, but I would, until the Cameron crew come back, do some serious thinking before ordering, theres even a guy who has been waiting 3 years for his amplifier.

Cheers.

AMSnell":3vetsycx said:

But may I issue you a warning before you place your deposit on one of Marks new amps.

Mark has taken probably in the region of 100k in amp orders over the course of over a year now, and so far only 2 amps have been shipped. The guy who was given one says his amp sounds nothing like the demo models and he has just kept it unplayed ever since.

Due to the mysterious circumstances surrounding the shipping of the Cameron amps, a lot of shit was said in both directions, from those both representing cameron and those dissatisfied customers who have been waiting a year for their amp, $1200 out of pocket.

Whilst unconfirmed, its a rumor that the Cameron crew deleted all the threads here to eliminate the massive amounts of negative publicity relating to this.

I try and stand neutral here, but I would, until the Cameron crew come back, do some serious thinking before ordering, theres even a guy who has been waiting 3 years for his amplifier.

Cheers.

Did you put a deposit down?
:confused:

AMSnell":lgchcwgt said:

Just a quick note.... keep in mind that not everyone who is into Mark's products are on this forum, so there amps that have gone out, but it's not gonna get reported here.

I understand what you're saying and yes, Mark will take a long time to get you your amp, but I'd also like to say that he has no intention of stealing from anyone.

Hopefully things get rolling and he can start putting the amps out faster.

How does anyone know how much he took in on deposits? I wouldn't say things like that on a public forum since it's pure speculation.

SeaDog":3qobylb5 said:
How does anyone know how much he took in on deposits? I wouldn't say things like that on a public forum since it's pure speculation.

"He", as in Cameron, didn't take in a dime. Chris Schmidt is the money partner in this venture, all funds have gone to an account controlled by him. Mark does not have access to any of this.

* velcro-fly *":1d7v7b96 said:
SeaDog":1d7v7b96 said:

"He", as in Cameron, didn't take in a dime. Chris Schmidt is the money partner in this venture, all funds have gone to an account controlled by him. Mark does not have access to any of this.
This is fact.

J.B.":a07l7ssf said:
* velcro-fly *":a07l7ssf said:
SeaDog":a07l7ssf said:

This is fact.

Wow, Mark really has a noose around his neck. He makes the amps and can't control the money. That's a really shitty scenario for him, and a great one for that Chris guy.

Poor Mark, I really hope he can trust that guy.

Chris Nuccio":15r61mmt said:
Just a quick note.... keep in mind that not everyone who is into Mark's products are on this forum, so there amps that have gone out, but it's not gonna get reported here.

I understand what you're saying and yes, Mark will take a long time to get you your amp, but I'd also like to say that he has no intention of stealing from anyone.

Thats possible, but seems very very unlikely. After all the bs people weren't even sure if these amps actually existed. Building amps and then not posting about them would be idiotic, as pics of a completed CCVs would clear their name for the most part.

ToneFreeq89":15r61mmt said:
Wow, Mark really has a noose around his neck. He makes the amps and can't control the money. That's a really shitty scenario for him, and a great one for that Chris guy.

Poor Mark, I really hope he can trust that guy.

Thats all true, but don't assume that the recent controversy is all because Mark trusted someone he shouldn't have and got himself screwed over. Even before the CCVs Cameron had a history of taking money/amps and then not delivering.

psychodave":25ckduo9 said:
Chris Nuccio":25ckduo9 said:
AMSnell":25ckduo9 said:

Very Cool.

Do you have any links to the other forums showing that people received amps? I am curious about there dealings with Cameron.

There are no links to anywhere else. I assume you were just asking tongue in cheek , but there's 2 amps . ... As for Chris Nuccio , he was 1 of the 1st to praise Mark's mods on the internet years back... A bandmate of his was sticking up for Mark here recently and got reamed like anyone else sticking up for any of the business practices. (unless that was Chris posting under his friend's acct, but it seemed like it was his bandmate ) Anyway, if other people had these new amps, there would be info posted on the net by Schmidt just like he did when Chelsea got hers. Dale and Chelsea are it, and the 3rd guy made up stuff.
There's my view and I'm sticking to it :)

Eric

AMSnell":1lpj7uac said:

Cheers.

why is everyone so concerned about whether people bitching put a deposit down or not? :confused:

If I was on a non-gear forum and someone said "I'm thinking of getting a Cameron", I'd inform them of all the suspect shit that's been going on. Aren't I qualified to do so? I don't want someone to get screwed out of their money.

bunghole":1q3k2pnv said:
why is everyone so concerned about whether people bitching put a deposit down or not? :confused:

If I was on a non-gear forum and someone said "I'm thinking of getting a Cameron", I'd inform them of all the suspect shit that's been going on. Aren't I qualified to do so? I don't want someone to get screwed out of their money.

Ok... Some people like Ian (friend of mine who had a Cameron ordered) have good reason to be concerned. Others are just stirring crap for no other reason than to get caught up in someone else's turmoil.
Do you guys really think this was Mark's master plan?
Do you think he's probably going nuts over this?
Jeeeez... Anyone with a frigging brain can see that this is NOT the way Mark envisioned this all to go down. Obviously there are HUGE personal issues going on.
I know for a fact that he's not in this for a scam. The guy builds amps.
He's run into huge problems. Some people have concerns and rightfully so. Others are just loving being in the storm of someone else's problems and frustration.

This is when humanity fails.
Sorry, just my .02 !!!

SQUAREHEAD":1ym33xaq said:

No and I never claimed too, I am a Cameron owner though. I made the post completely neutral. I did not place blame on anyone, I just intended to bring attention to the circumstances surrounding Cameron at the moment and for people to do their own research before deciding to put money down on one.

I was about 10 seconds away from putting a deposit down until I found all the stuff surrounding them. I know theyre awesome amps, but its got to the stage now that NOTHING that chris or mark can say will make it better, for this situation to improve, they have to be shipping amps, simple as that.

bunghole":2hz5bt4z said:

"According to Wikipidia"An Internet forum is a web application for holding discussions and posting user generated content. Internet forums are also commonly referred to as Web forums, message boards, discussion boards, (electronic) discussion groups, discussion forums, bulletin boards, fora (the Latin plural) or simply forums. The terms "forum" and "board" may refer to the entire community or to a specific sub-forum dealing with a distinct topic. Messages within these sub-forums are then displayed either in chronological order or as threaded discussions.

If your affraid what people might say DONT step into the arena!

DiezelDale":1um6bery said:
bunghole":1um6bery said:

"According to Wikipidia"An Internet forum is a web application for holding discussions and posting user generated content. Internet forums are also commonly referred to as Web forums, message boards, discussion boards, (electronic) discussion groups, discussion forums, bulletin boards, fora (the Latin plural) or simply forums. The terms "forum" and "board" may refer to the entire community or to a specific sub-forum dealing with a distinct topic. Messages within these sub-forums are then displayed either in chronological order or as threaded discussions.

Good point, Dale!

DiezelDale":15kclf89 said:
bunghole":15kclf89 said:

i'm confused

genuinely :confused:

bunghole":2ru2pgij said:
DiezelDale":2ru2pgij said:
bunghole":2ru2pgij said:

i'm confused

genuinely :confused:

I think he's saying that if Mark and Chris have a public forum, they should deal with it and "roll with the punches" ... which I understand, but where do you draw the line?
I mean... I know Mark's not on crack or heroine and has not left the country with everyone's money. BUT people make him out to be some criminal.
People just love to hate... just as much as they love to love... maybe more!

Keith :thumbsdown:

I think that Mark's mods and amps speak for themselves.

Fuck internet hype, listen and decide for yourself.

If anyone thinks Mark is stealing from them or ripping them off, they should call him and talk to him about it.

Back