Potential future "boutique" effects on the VHX?

Hey Leo, I know you're working hard on the software editor, but I was curious if you had any ideas for future effects? I currently have a pretty large pedalboard, and I really would like to downsize to a smaller setup. However, a lot of these effects are unique-ish, and so I end up using them more than the onboard effects. For example, I'm running a through-zero flanger, a magnetic multi-head drum echo, a vibrato, a pitch-shifted reverb, and some reverse reverbs and reverse delays that I imagine could all be replicated in the DSP of the VHX? Nothing super super specific, and I'm sure there's quite a few more effects that people have on their boards that the VHX doesn't quite have an answer for.

I'm not trying to come off presumptuous like "Hey, please make all my boutique effects just so I can downsize my pedalboard!" (but seriously like if you could add a Gilmour-style multi-head delay with selectable heads, I will straight up send you a case of wine [and buy more Diezel products]) but I am curious if you do have plans to add more unique effect options in the future? If you do, do you have any in mind at the moment? I imagine the more diverse the effects the more people will be interested in the VHX.

Regardless, you're doing great! We all appreciate you!

Last edited:
+1 for the additional effects. Like i said in a previous post, I used a kemper before switching to the VHX and though the effects on the VHX are great, I needed to buy a few external effects that are currently not included in the VHX. i guess everybody has some specific needs. Everything is possible with the VHX but Diezel is probably evaluating what feature has the biggest demand at the moment. I am most desperately waiting for a intelligent pitch shift to assign the harmonizer to different songs/presets. I really hope this is included in the next update so i can dispose all the cables and peripherie . Also a "wah auto on" when moving the pedal would be fantastic. Maybe other people dont care for that...

I didnt know diezel is still working on a software editor, looking forward to this too !

+1 for the additional effects. Like i said in a previous post, I used a kemper before switching to the VHX and though the effects on the VHX are great, I needed to buy a few external effects that are currently not included in the VHX. i guess everybody has some specific needs. Everything is possible with the VHX but Diezel is probably evaluating what feature has the biggest demand at the moment. I am most desperately waiting for a intelligent pitch shift to assign the harmonizer to different songs/presets. I really hope this is included in the next update so i can dispose all the cables and peripherie . Also a "wah auto on" when moving the pedal would be fantastic. Maybe other people dont care for that...

I didnt know diezel is still working on a software editor, looking forward to this too !
I'm currently running an HX Stomp in 4CM which has helped reduce the size of my board somewhat, but even that doesn't cover everything. I might upgrade the HX Stomp to a fullsize so I have more footswitches available. My endgoal would be Volume Pedal -> Wah -> Infinite Jets -> HX Stomp -> Amp -> HX Stomp (and a Midi Controller for the amp). But currently in the front, I'm also running dual Wah's, dual Fuzz, a PLL, and an EQ for treble boost. In the loop I've got dual reverbs, TZ Flanger, and two loopers. Sometimes another pedal or two gets thrown in, but the HX Stomp has helped me ditch a compressor, various OD's, a multi-head delay, a vibrato, and it's added some FX for some LoFi stuff.

I'm sure more effect types are on the list for future VHX updates but I am curious (and just curious) what effects will be added? I know they can't add stuff to the frontend, and I know there's no way something like the Infinite Jets would make it, but I can see more "mid-level" boutique options being an area of expansion. The software editor seems to be the priority, but that will be released at some point, and since the VHX is relatively new and kind of an alt-flagship amp, I'm assuming software bugs and expanding the effects will be the main focus of future support. I doubt my VHX is going anywhere, so I'll be around for whatever comes. That is unless they drop a VHXS (one of my old rigs used to be stereo, I'd love to do another one like it, but I can't justify to my neighbors or my back running dual 100W half-stacks).

Back