Price Check: Dual Recto Rack Mount Heads

Drew

Can you guys give me an idea what a Mesa Dual Recto Rack Mount head from the early years are worth these days? I have a friend who has a couple and he is thinking about moving them. The last sale I saw on Reverb was from 6 years ago and it was only $1300 and I thought they were worth far more than that.

Can you guys give me an idea what a Mesa Dual Recto Rack Mount head from the early years are worth these days? I have a friend who has a couple and he is thinking about moving them. The last sale I saw on Reverb was from 6 years ago and it was only $1300 and I thought they were worth far more than that.
oh man that's sweet. killer stereo rig if someone wants to go that route. I would say 2k depending on revision.

I’m sure it depends on the revision.
I owned and gigged one of these in the mid 90’s and it was a great amp.
Mine had no clean to speak of, so it really took a lot of volume knob work to make it work. It was well worth the effort.

A lot has changed in 6 years. The past 3 or 4 (all Rev Gs) have sold for $2750-$3000.

I'd expect a Rev F rackhead to sell for $4k these days. They're exceptionally rare.

How do we tell the Rev?
Racerxrated is correct about the serial range and PCB printing. You look by the filter caps for the revision: either RF 1F or RF 1G for rack heads.

gn50ed3wtcpfqkntuebc.jpg

The "quick and dirty" ID method is checking whether the amp has a serial loop (only one knob for "send level" instead of two for "send" and "mix").

7.jpg

Racerxrated is correct about the serial range and PCB printing. You look by the filter caps for the revision: either RF 1F or RF 1G for rack heads.

gn50ed3wtcpfqkntuebc.jpg

The "quick and dirty" ID method is checking whether the amp has a serial loop (only one knob for "send level" instead of two for "send" and "mix").

7.jpg
There’s a rumor, that some early Gs can have the earlier serial loop…and some late Fs can have the less desirable parallel version. Haven’t seen either though, myself.

There was a rev f rackto on Craigslist here (SF) for a month and it was 2500 asking price , don’t know what it went for and that was just a couple weeks ago

A lot has changed in 6 years. The past 3 or 4 (all Rev Gs) have sold for $2750-$3000.

I'd expect a Rev F rackhead to sell for $4k these days. They're exceptionally rare.
Nah, they sell for much less than this all the time on Facebook, Craiglist, etc.

There’s a rumor, that some early Gs can have the earlier serial loop…and some late Fs can have the less desirable parallel version. Haven’t seen either though, myself.

Here's a 2000 Dual Rec board, one of the earliest 3-channels, right after Rev G ended. Still has the Rev F/Rev G Schumacher transformers. It has a Parallel Loop that sucks absolutely donkey balls. Second one is a 1998 Rev G 2-Channel, Serial Loop. Wish I could have snapped some nice pics of the Rev G before I sold it

Attachments

• 2000 Dual Rec.jpg
    2000 Dual Rec.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
  • RevG.jpg
    RevG.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I’m not sure where some of you are getting your pricing from?

4K for a rev f/g racto?????

Show me a done deal in that range please.

Like Mooncobra said, they sit for weeks at 2.5 here in the Bay Area.

I’m not sure where some of you are getting your pricing from?

4K for a rev f/g racto?????

Show me a done deal in that range please.

Like Mooncobra said, they sit for weeks at 2.5 here in the Bay Area.
The last six rev G rack heads on Reverb sold for an average of $2,791, ignoring shipping costs.

Screenshot 2023-06-05 230115.jpg

Last edited:
Back