Pulled the trigger on a 'Slax

atrox":rpcuuo5h said:
Hiey all. I got it today. Does the channel one typically need to be set higher in volume then the rest of the channels? It sounds fine, but i really need to crank it
Yeah in my experience it did.

OK. Beyond the Slax coming damaged from shipping, it was working just fine. Regardless, it's going back.

I just spent 3 hours with both my BE and the Slax at loud volumes. I MUCH prefer the BE100. The Slax is a mighty fine amp. I'd rock it. I see why people like it. It doesn't sound a whole hell of a lot different than the BE. It always seemed to be pushing this preamp thing and the master really never seemed to get it growling the way I wanted... compared to the BE which gets a nice low-mid growl as you turn it up.

IN the end, I just thought they were too similar to consider fixing the head shell and I preferred the BE anyway.

I did find out what my issue was with low tuning while screwing around. In E, the added 212 adds a nice mid range, but drop tuned, I do not like the 212 at all. So i'll just rock the 412 alone for now.

atrox":1np5b5na said:
OK. Beyond the Slax coming damaged from shipping, it was working just fine. Regardless, it's going back.
:no:

Damn that was short lived... Did you buy new? Who did the couriering? That (arriving damaged) needs to be addressed publicly as it's kinda important for people to know reputable sources to get expensive heads to and from their location of retail with couriers and sellers and the like.

Sorry didn't work out for you.

SO there are two members here with the 12/15s.....and you're both loving the shit outta them eh?? Shit... :doh:
Atrox, man, sorry the amp and you didn't gel...ya think it's cuz it arrived damaged that kinda put a damper on your stoke? Or just straight up sonic preference? Interesting about the BE100 - this speaks sums about that amp (the BE100) and also the fact it seems you know the difference between true ears and honeymoon beers. You know what you want and what you don't - that's cool.

Anyway - is what it is - some work some don't and we carry on... :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

JerEvil":1f8ztr7u said:
atrox":1f8ztr7u said:
Hiey all. I got it today. Does the channel one typically need to be set higher in volume then the rest of the channels? It sounds fine, but i really need to crank it
Yeah in my experience it did.
:confused:

Not over what I would consider to be "standard deviation" from MV, no. All three channels seem similar in SPL depending if I level the gain to be normalized across all three channels.

Christ I want the 12/15 now... Sorry, I shouldn't be discussing this after your less than stellar follow up, but I'm trying to surmise whether the amp you got actually was a "100% accurate representation of the Butterslax".

I'll leave now :LOL: :LOL:

Guys the amp worked perfectly fine. It sounded really good. I just prefer the BE. That's all.

The headshell was spilt at one corner

The damage was caused by FedEx for sure. I got the amp off of Sweetwaters Reverb store. Jeff's music its called. It was packed and shipped from Sweetwater as excellently as they always do.

Hmm wonder if they will have it fixed or just list it with. Low price for the damage.... wheels R turning.

GOHOINC":3s0n16bt said:
Hmm wonder if they will have it fixed or just list it with. Low price for the damage.... wheels R turning.

For the price, it may be worth to some to replace the head-shell. I'm not certain what they will do to it. They sent me the RA today.

Back