Quick Down and Dirty Fortin Bones amp Clip

Greazygeo":3l1evml9 said:
thegame":3l1evml9 said:
Hey George

This amp will get that AC/DC crunchy chirp when you put the voicing switch in a lower mode. The switch is not footswitchable stock, but can be ordered to be.

As for the Wizard/VHT comparison; its VHT like in the articulation/definition but the tone is Marshall all the way. Its perfect for guys who like the articulation/fast responce of VHTs but find them too dry and the tone not full enough. This amp is pretty different than a Wizard. The upcoming Natas amp will have slightly deemphasized mids compared to this, and that is how I view the Wizards compared to a stock Marshall. Wizard is a more full spectrum tone compared to a typical honky old Marshall. Its hard to put into words but that was the comparison I was trying to make before :)

Hey Gary

I know what you are saying with the old Marshall thing. With a ton of mods they can be cool, but stock they leave alot to be desired for me. The Wizard stuff has that big full bandwidth sound I like, with the AC DC type voice which is perfect for me to work with. When using my 7 string it's not the best for the lower notes though. Not looking for a "metal" tone, just something with the voicing I have, but will handle the lower range notes.... :)

Hey George

I understand where you're coming from. If you're dead set on the most authentic AC/DC tone then the Wizard will probably be the best choice. Having said that the Fortin does have a big full bandwidth tone too, just with a different midrange character and can do the raw AC/DC thing quite well too. Think of it as Dirty Deeds vs. Back in Black. Both are signature AC/DC all the way but sound different. One is more stripped down with more prominent pick transients and the other is a bit bigger with a little more OD and sustain (Back in Black).

On another note, the first time I tried Fortin's amp my guitar was tuned to low B and it handled it like a champ. It also sounds less metal played thru Greenbacks. I truly think you'd really dig it :yes: And to reiterate once more, while the Fortin is different than the Wizards in many ways, if I had to choose which one its closer to it'd be the Metal.

Gainfreak":1r6n60cc said:
I know that you would love this amp for sure and thanks for the kind words. With that said When I do these clips I can see the holes in my playing due to lack of practice but the difference these days is that it makes me want to get off my ass and practice more instead of getting discouraged!!

Now..... we need to get some Dan clips up because you are a Killer player who needs to be heard and you are not an old fart like me!! :D

Thanks Ralph!!

I have the same problem you used to have when making clips!! im sure it'l pass over time though.. im slowly getting less critical on my own playing and startin to ease up a bit more when recording, so hopefully soon i'll start post more clips! :yes:

thegame":1oembl5z said:
Hey George

I understand where you're coming from. If you're dead set on the most authentic AC/DC tone then the Wizard will probably be the best choice. Having said that the Fortin does have a big full bandwidth tone too, just with a different midrange character and can do the raw AC/DC thing quite well too. Think of it as Dirty Deeds vs. Back in Black. Both are signature AC/DC all the way but sound different. One is more stripped down with more prominent pick transients and the other is a bit bigger with a little more OD and sustain (Back in Black).

On another note, the first time I tried Fortin's amp my guitar was tuned to low B and it handled it like a champ. It also sounds less metal played thru Greenbacks. I truly think you'd really dig it :yes: And to reiterate once more, while the Fortin is different than the Wizards in many ways, if I had to choose which one its closer to it'd be the Metal.

I guess what I am getting at is the underlying voice for me needs to have that Back in Black-ness to it :LOL: :LOL: How's that for a term! Take that base and build from it with added gain/ clarity/ low end and low end tightness. A big sound stage that I can do what I want with it, rather than being confined by only a certain range.

The 7 string low range has been a bit of a challenge for me sonically, but I like the extra range of it.

I 've listened to these clips many times now.
GREAT playing - GREAT tone!

Nice work Ralph- Nice work Mike!!!

:thumbsup:

Greazygeo":1tx8ada0 said:
[I guess what I am getting at is the underlying voice for me needs to have that Back in Black-ness to it :LOL: :LOL: How's that for a term! Take that base and build from it with added gain/ clarity/ low end and low end tightness. A big sound stage that I can do what I want with it, rather than being confined by only a certain range.

The 7 string low range has been a bit of a challenge for me sonically, but I like the extra range of it.

I understand completely about the Back in Blackness. Again, if you're satisfied nailing the AC/DC tone stick to the Wizard. If you want that tone with the ability to build your own sound based off it, this Bones amp will do that. Let's face it, as much as we both love our Wizards they are a one trick pony pretty much.

thegame":3aquo2t7 said:
Greazygeo":3aquo2t7 said:
[I guess what I am getting at is the underlying voice for me needs to have that Back in Black-ness to it :LOL: :LOL: How's that for a term! Take that base and build from it with added gain/ clarity/ low end and low end tightness. A big sound stage that I can do what I want with it, rather than being confined by only a certain range.

I understand completely about the Back in Blackness. Again, if you're satisfied nailing the AC/DC tone stick to the Wizard. If you want that tone with the ability to build your own sound based off it, this Bones amp will do that. Let's face it, as much as we both love our Wizards they are a one trick pony pretty much.

I couldn't have said it better.... Wow, Gary, even with your low IQ, you do come up with some good wisdom the odd time!! ;) ;) ;)

Still trying to pry these Sylvania's from this old bugger's basement! The guy's in his 70's- has more tubes than I've ever seen in one place. What's he waiting for??? I aksed him the other day, "So Harold, are you keeping these for your next Diezel or are you just hording them"?
hehehhe....
Keith

SQUAREHEAD":2jkp7muo said:
I couldn't have said it better.... Wow, Gary, even with your low IQ, you do come up with some good wisdom the odd time!! ;) ;) ;)

Still trying to pry these Sylvania's from this old bugger's basement! The guy's in his 70's- has more tubes than I've ever seen in one place. What's he waiting for??? I aksed him the other day, "So Harold, are you keeping these for your next Diezel or are you just hording them"?
hehehhe....
Keith

"Well officer, the jewelry & paintings are still here and the only thing they took was a bunch of funny looking light bulbs. Weird thing is this guitar player fellow was always asking me about them. His name is ......."

I think we'll have to cancel our plans Keith. It'll look too suspicious :LOL: :LOL: :D

thegame":19pyo5f0 said:
SQUAREHEAD":19pyo5f0 said:

hehehhe....
Keith

"Well officer, the jewelry & paintings are still here and the only thing they took was a bunch of funny looking light bulbs. Weird thing is this guitar player fellow was always asking me about them. His name is ......."

I think we'll have to cancel our plans Keith. It'll look too suspicious :LOL: :LOL: :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thegame":31hq8h83 said:
Hey Ralph
Fantastic clips ! I may be wrong, but based on clips alone, the Camerons to me have a "hairier" gain structure, while the Fortin has a tighter envelope following the individual notes. But both have that ripping midrange that just screams. Am I right ?

You are 100% correct. the Camerons do have a bit more hair and a little more sag then the Fortin!!

YOU ROCK! :rock:

Chubtone":31hq8h83 said:
Ralph,
Great playing bro and a tone that lives up to your moniker! :rock:

Thanks Brother! That's all I could hope for !! Tone and gain ... You know how I feel about the playing though lol :D :rock:

JTyson":31hq8h83 said:
Wow, That was worth the wait :rock: Those clips sound better than the one on the site, IMO, I thought it would sound different when you got yours up, and it kicks ASS! What I thought may in fact be TOO tight now sounds awesome! I'm sure Mike is revving up the production line, wonder when they will be available?? Thanks man, I know you have a lot on your plate right now, I will stop hounding you :D :D :D :D - Jim BTW, your playing was BADASS :thumbsup:

Thanks!! This amp can do a lot and don't let the word tight fool you on this amp. Its one of the few amps Ive played that kept tight but had the right feel!! Mikes got some killer ideas!!
Im pretty sure that Carl Roa will have more clips of this amp soon!! I know that he has a killer instructional DVD comming out soon and he used this amp for it!! The DVD and amp kill!!
all the best!!
~R~

PeteLaramee":31hq8h83 said:
Sounds great to me. Mean and aggressive, but cleans up very well. :thumbsup:

...and your playing, as usual, was great. :yes:

Thanks Pete! I think that you would really love this amp. Its pretty tight and agressive and it would sound killer with your 7 string! Hope to see you soon maybe at Daves ampfest?
all the best!
~R~

yngzaklynch":31hq8h83 said:
Hell yes man thats what I've been waiting for. Amp sounds like a wicked Plexi.

It definitely has that and more Brother! It also has a killer 2 gain stage plexi sound in it that kills!! I wish I would have had the common sense to record some more variety but my head is all over the place getting ready for a video shoot!!
all the best!
~R~

chobley":31hq8h83 said:
Screamin amp and great playing as always ..I laughed at 1:30 love that little harmonic

Thanks Chobley! I laughed to when I was doing the harmonic! I didn't hit it as well as I wanted to but what can ya do :D

DiezelMonster":31hq8h83 said:
Man some of you guys are Crazy!

That tone is fucking straight up BADASS! :thumbsup: :rock:

Man I've been on the hook for a while trying to figure out if I want the Diezel Herbert back, but having talked to Mike for the better part of the last week, my mind is 100% made up, so I'm up for the Meathead AND the Natas when they are avialable! Thanks to Gary (thegame) as well, If I hadn't contacted him again I wouldn't really have thought about these amps only because I need something with more options on tap than the Bones, however after this clip, I might just have to get all three!

Mike I can't thank you enough for all the info you've given me this week on your gear and I look forward to a fuckin stellar sounding year coming up!

Meathead Here I come!

Chris
Lead Guitar
Hellbound

Chris!!
I love Peter Diezel and his amps but I also know that Mike is a killer builder as well and you are in very capable /Killer hands!! Id love to know what you think when you try out some of Mikes stuff!!
All the best!!
~R~

loudgtr":31hq8h83 said:
Man I like that dry clip alot; wet's good too. Sounds like a fun amp to play :rock:

Very fun amp to play and theres a lot of tones to be had in such a stripped down amp!! Well it's misleading because even though it appears to be stripped down, its got a lot going on!!

all the best!
~R~

70strathead":31hq8h83 said:
great playing clip Ralph and thx for sharing! a bit on the "metal" side for sound for my taste, but it sounds like you can do lots of tweaking as i read the previous posts. I can definitely hear the tightness vs. sag. I'm torn between those two, cause i like the tightness for rhythms and the sag for leads. i kinda agree with Eddie D on the hand tone/EQ thing too....;)

Ciao-
Ant

Ant!! That's just how I dialed it in and Im sure youd find a lot of useable tones in this thing if you dialed it in. There are 3 modes on this thing and I had it on the 4 gain stage mode. I think for what you like either the 2 gainb stage mode with a pedal or 3 gain stage mode through some greenies would be the ticket!!

YOU ROCK!!
all the best!
~R~

MrDan666":31hq8h83 said:
Gainfreak":31hq8h83 said:
I know that you would love this amp for sure and thanks for the kind words. With that said When I do these clips I can see the holes in my playing due to lack of practice but the difference these days is that it makes me want to get off my ass and practice more instead of getting discouraged!!

Now..... we need to get some Dan clips up because you are a Killer player who needs to be heard and you are not an old fart like me!! :D

Thanks Ralph!!

I have the same problem you used to have when making clips!! im sure it'l pass over time though.. im slowly getting less critical on my own playing and startin to ease up a bit more when recording, so hopefully soon i'll start post more clips! :yes:

Dan!! take it from me that you can break that habbit rather quickly just by doing! Don't wait to be an old fart like me lol :D
Now get crackin!!
~R~

duesentrieb":31hq8h83 said:
Wow. Just wow.

You rock definitely The Fucking Hardest, Ralph.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Nah Olaf....YOU ROCK THE FUCKING HARDEST !!! :rawk:

SQUAREHEAD":31hq8h83 said:
I 've listened to these clips many times now.
GREAT playing - GREAT tone!

Nice work Ralph- Nice work Mike!!!

:thumbsup:

Sup Keith! :rawk:
Mike is the man! When I get some more time, Id like to record some more proper clips with this thing!!

amiller":31hq8h83 said:
Great tone...great playing. Why we not hear mo tings from yoe? :rock:

Thanks brother! thanks so much for the kind words but the reason why You don't hear more from me becuase Im a lazy sack plus I hate everything I play lol :D
All the best!!
~R~

Gainfreak":3rxlhfsu said:
Dan!! take it from me that you can break that habbit rather quickly just by doing! Don't wait to be an old fart like me lol :D
Now get crackin!!
~R~

HA! Old fart?!? :hys: Whatever!! Old fart with killer vibrato :D

Yeah we should jam on a clip sometime man :rock:

Speed_Racer71":2zy4udwl said:
^
for some reason, Robert looks right holding that EVH striped guitar. almost taunting in a way.

Yeah he does look right with it.. he just needs to stripe his suit red and white to go with it! :D

Look.. he's finger pickin Panama!! :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

MrDan666":3k4tb5po said:
Speed_Racer71":3k4tb5po said:
^
for some reason, Robert looks right holding that EVH striped guitar. almost taunting in a way.

Yeah he does look right with it.. he just needs to stripe his suit red and white to go with it! :D

Look.. he's finger pickin Panama!! :LOL: :LOL: :rock:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ralphie!
Man, smokin' tones and I actually even loved the dry one and you KNOW how I am about the special sauce on guitars!

Your playing is simply out of this world. I dig it and always have. I am going to have to try and clone that tone with the Axe-FX and see what happens... Unless you already tried and if so, send me the patch dog...lol

Gary

Hey Ralph,

Great clip. I liked the dry clip better. Awesome playing man. Screaming lead tones. Very crisp.. It did not sound like the amp cleaned up very well though when you rolled back the volume. Is it lacking in the dynamics department?

Back