Quick tube question

mraajr

When switching from say KT88s to 6L6s do I need to turn the bias down before I put the 6L6s in? Logic would dictate yes but I am unsure. I have Penta Labs KT88s in one Herbert and am putting those in my other that has Ruby 6L6s in it. Thanks in advance Olaf!

Turn it down, yes.

Now to your thread:
Yes, I am/was under the impression that you were simply trolling - and lets be fair, it doesn't need a degree in psychology to get this impression for somebody surfing also on HCAF.

Over the last time I've marked all threads "solved" when the issue was solved. And in your thread you said "it is working" and that you would send it to Terry if not . . . I thought that Peter's PM to you from this morning (screws, tube retainers) solved the issue.

I apologize and I hope that you will get the amp running asap.

Olaf

I too am sorry and can definitely understand why someone like me would not be taken seriously. Frankly I am not a serious person. I like to joke and I am sure it gets out of hand alot of the time. We will get my Herbert sorted out I am certain and have no worries. At least I have another to play while the other is getting worked on. That is nice :D

Back