Racked & ready....

steve_k

Racked and ready for the weekend's gigs. Diezel D-Moll through the TNTL direct to FOH and active stage monitors - no cabs. The SLO is not in use. However, it sounds equally as good using the Torpedo Live if you need that tone.

WOW!! Looks killer. Bet it sounds great. Hope to hear some info about how the gigs go. Really want to hear how the LIVE performs.

I am still experimenting with my amp heads trying to find the sweetest combinations and don't have the Torpedo Live just yet. I have the rack and the effects I want...have been very interested in the Live and how it does during a gig. Please let me know.

Congrats on your sweet rig :thumbsup:

Riffmagus":jwpevk78 said:
Wow, that's a great looking rig - how come the Soldano has taken a back-seat?

There's nothing like an SLO for "that" tone, as there is nothing on the market that sounds like a Soldano. But, the Diezel D-Moll is such a versatile amp that covers a large palette of sonic real estate - everything from Plexi crunch on channel 1, channel 2 is pretty much the same as channel 3 of a VH4, and channel 3 is just an all out metal assault. Very easy to dial up and get the tones you're after.

And, the Two Notes is perfect for topping off your FOH tone with the onboard EQ. I can pretty much run the D-Moll with everything straight up noon (including the masters) and instead of goofing around with cabs/speakers/mics to tweak tone, spend a few minutes on the British V30 cab IR and a little adjustment of the EQ, everything is easy and perfect.

I've played one indoor gig and one outdoor gig using the Two Notes and the Diezel. Everybody's looking around onstage for a cab. The same people are commenting on what a crisp and articulated tone at the FOH from my rig. No mud, no ambient clutter.

I'm very behind on these things, but :

Can you get singing, controllable, harmonic feedback with the amp DI'd like that using those active monitors ? And does each amp retain a good portion of its feel ? Or does the whole DI system impose its own feel on things, more than on the sound itself ?

thegame":3qntrtbe said:
I'm very behind on these things, but :

Can you get singing, controllable, harmonic feedback with the amp DI'd like that using those active monitors ? And does each amp retain a good portion of its feel ? Or does the whole DI system impose its own feel on things, more than on the sound itself ?

Yes, the amp retains all the feel and control. You don't lose anything through the monitors with regards to harmonics, sustain or controlled feedback. It's the happy medium for all digital vs. analog for us tube snobs.... :D

steve_k":nckus5zr said:
Yes, the amp retains all the feel and control. You don't lose anything through the monitors with regards to harmonics, sustain or controlled feedback. It's the happy medium for all digital vs. analog for us tube snobs.... :D

This is REALLY good to hear. I am having a hard time imagining what it would be like. I would probably be looking for MY cabs and be thinking, "how is this possible?" What are you doing to hear yourself? Are you sending a signal back to your monitors off the board or is there a way to feed a monitor directly?

I am going to have to try one and hear for myself at this point. Thanks to you and Dave for the GAS :doh: AND also for being the first guys to put the Torpedo in use. I look forward to hearing more of your experience.

GtarLover":cj9rzzyk said:
steve_k":cj9rzzyk said:

This is REALLY good to hear. I am having a hard time imagining what it would be like. I would probably be looking for MY cabs and be thinking, "how is this possible?" What are you doing to hear yourself? Are you sending a signal back to your monitors off the board or is there a way to feed a monitor directly?

I am going to have to try one and hear for myself at this point. Thanks to you and Dave for the GAS :doh: AND also for being the first guys to put the Torpedo in use. I look forward to hearing more of your experience.

You can send signal direct to your monitors. I send it to our monitor rack first though, then split to the FOH and to our Mackie DL1608 so I can send signal to the other 3 band member's IEM's. This keeps the monitor mix totally in our control. Each one of us have an iPad to control our mix. I don't use IEM's, but control the band mix through my actives as well.

Currently, there is only one direct line out of the Torpedo. Maybe on V2, we can have multiple direct outs - one for FOH feed and one for monitors. HINT HINT HINT.... :D

Steve

The SLO is the ONE amp I've never owned. It's on my bucket list for sure. I have been contemplating selling my bogner xtc to find the purchase of one.

guitarnate2000":2ahukjoz said:
The SLO is the ONE amp I've never owned. It's on my bucket list for sure. I have been contemplating selling my bogner xtc to find the purchase of one.

The SLO and I have had a love-hate relationship over the last few years. They are awesome amps and have their own tone/character which isn't cloned after anything else. Built to last and good at what they do. It just doesn't cover all the bases, if you know what I mean, with regards to total versatility. Though others may disagree, it is just not a "metal" amp - not because of the gain, but the voicing and compression. And, they are amps that have to be opened up a bit to breathe. This is where the Torpedo Live comes into play. It will allow you to crack the masters open to 10:00-11:00 and make the amp shine.

Back