Randy & Ozzy You Said It All

Here's what Bob had to say about the song

"Bob Daisley: "There was a mobile studio at the (Southampton) gig to record the show as Jet Records wanted a song that was not on the album, to release on an EP that had not already been used as a B-Side. They wanted a live 'Mr.Crowley' and a new song. So we wrote 'You Said It All'. I will tell you how that was written. Randy had a basic riff, Randy and I put together a chord structure that afternoon in soundcheck. Lee got a mic', as he could sing, and Lee came up with the vocal melody while Ozzy was asleep under the drum riser. That was his contribution to that song. Ozzy did absolutely fuck all with that song. Nothing. Yet he still gets a credit on it. I took a tape of Lee's melody back to the hotel and wrote the lyrics in the hotel room. It was a big rush. 'Get it done quick, we want this, you know?' We then recorded it at the gig before the audience came in. So yeah, it was recorded live, no audience but the audience noise was added later from that night. Because it was a new song, we didn't want to include it in the set as we had not played it before. And Ozzy had never sung it before as I had just written the lyrics. He was singing it from the lyric sheet and that's how it was done."

There was a Mr Crowley picture disc that had this tune on it. Bought it just to get it.
Yeah, that’s the one I originally heard it on. They’re both the same EP just one of them was issued as a picture disc
IMG_8646.jpeg
IMG_8644.jpeg

It's an awesome tone...once again proving how important Bob was to that band. Randy in QR vs Ozzy is an entirely diff animal. Chops are the same but the riffs and songs came together much better.
yeah Max Norman said the same thing, something along the lines of "Bob was the guy that constructed the songs around Randy's riffs" on Blizzard

I had forgot about these songs so Thanks for posting them. Anything by Randy after QR was always cool to me. Wish Daisley would have released his Grail tapes of RR.

Daisley was the man. It always kills me when you hear someone, or even Ozzy himself, talking about “Ozzy’s lyrics” on those two albums.
And the way they were all screwed over by Ozzy and Sharon is a disgrace. No Daisley and Randy, Ozzy fades into obscurity after Sabbath.

And there is no debate about which OZZY guitarist was the best. It’s undeniably Randy.

It’s disgusting the way they did Daisley and Kerslake with the re-recordings of Blizzard and Diary to retaliate and screw them out of royalties. Fuck O$$Y and $haron, scumbags both. 👎

“The 2002 Diary of a Madman reissue was derided by fans due to the removal of Daisley and Kerslake's original bass and drum tracks. The re-issue featured re-recorded bass and drum tracks contributed by Osbourne's then-bassist and drummer Robert Trujillo and Mike Bordin, respectively. The move was suspected of being retaliatory in nature, as Daisley and Kerslake had successfully sued Osbourne and his wife/manager Sharon in court, winning songwriting credits and royalties for their contributions to Diary of a Madman.

Sharon later stated that Ozzy and not herself was responsible for the decision to re-record the parts, stating "because of Daisley and Kerslake's abusive and unjust behavior, Ozzy wanted to remove them from these recordings. We turned a negative into a positive by adding a fresh sound to the original albums."[17] However, Osbourne contradicted this claim in his 2009 autobiography, stating that the decision to re-record the original bass and drum parts was strictly Sharon's decision, and that "I didn't have anything to do with that decision."[18] He said his wife "just snapped" and had it done without his knowledge.[18] He also stated that "a sticker was put on the covers telling everyone about it",[18] though in fact the sticker was not initially placed on the re-issue and was only placed on the covers at a later date due to fan outcry over the altered recordings.”

It’s disgusting the way they did Daisley and Kerslake with the re-recordings of Blizzard and Diary to retaliate and screw them out of royalties. Fuck O$$Y and $haron, scumbags both. 👎

“The 2002 Diary of a Madman reissue was derided by fans due to the removal of Daisley and Kerslake's original bass and drum tracks. The re-issue featured re-recorded bass and drum tracks contributed by Osbourne's then-bassist and drummer Robert Trujillo and Mike Bordin, respectively. The move was suspected of being retaliatory in nature, as Daisley and Kerslake had successfully sued Osbourne and his wife/manager Sharon in court, winning songwriting credits and royalties for their contributions to Diary of a Madman.

Sharon later stated that Ozzy and not herself was responsible for the decision to re-record the parts, stating "because of Daisley and Kerslake's abusive and unjust behavior, Ozzy wanted to remove them from these recordings. We turned a negative into a positive by adding a fresh sound to the original albums."[17] However, Osbourne contradicted this claim in his 2009 autobiography, stating that the decision to re-record the original bass and drum parts was strictly Sharon's decision, and that "I didn't have anything to do with that decision."[18] He said his wife "just snapped" and had it done without his knowledge.[18] He also stated that "a sticker was put on the covers telling everyone about it",[18] though in fact the sticker was not initially placed on the re-issue and was only placed on the covers at a later date due to fan outcry over the altered recordings.”
Even if I didn’t already hate everything Ozzy has done since Diary I would just on principle. I agree 10000%, F Ozzy and F Sharon. They both make me sick.

Back