Randy & Ozzy You Said It All

Have you not listened to of of Yngwies albums up until Facing the Animal including his Concerto Suite?
Exactly, YJM is one of the few artists that was delivering album after album of great music. Not many bands do that. Now saying the genre isn't for you is another thing but he was killing it.

The first 3 guitarists with 2 records each (I stop caring after No More Tears, though recognize there were some good songs later, but just a different era).

2 records from each guitarist all equally great in different ways.

I hate the comparisons because it is music, doesn't have to be about who has the bigger dick. Also, I bet if Randy had done another album, a lot of his lead licks would also have been rehashed so consider that. Over the Mountain was a good lead but a few of the leads on that album are total placeholders. He wasn't a guy that could jam i don't think, had to sit there and think about it. Zakk sounds like more of a jam guy and the magic came out that way vs strict composing. I love all three guys, might give the nod to Randy as being the most ferocious live though. So much energy in his live playing when you listen to the bootlegs.

Have you not listened to any of Yngwies albums up until Facing the Animal including his Concerto Suite?
Sure I have. Rising Force and all that stuff from the 80s. Queen is in Love, Now Your Ships Have Burned, etc. I’m not dissing it or him. I think he’s great. His melodic choices, to me anyway, are nowhere near as interesting and emotion provoking as Randy’s were. I’m not comparing them technical skill wise or speed wise.

Technically that 12 year old Asian chick on Youtube is probably a , eh, more proficient, guitar player than Jimi Hendrix. Jimi was still better. Yngwie is no doubt a monster guitar player, but music has to move you man.

When Jake or Zakk or any of those other guys write something as devastatingly bad ass as Diary of a Madman or Revelation Mother Earth or the solo in Over The Mountain let me know.
KIller of Giants is every bit as "musical" as diary of a madman too me

The first 3 guitarists with 2 records each (I stop caring after No More Tears, though recognize there were some good songs later, but just a different era).

2 records from each guitarist all equally great in different ways.
Yep.

Starting with Ozzmosis it was no longer a band writing songs, it was outside writers coming in and the label getting involved (shitcanning Michael Wagener for Michael Beinhorn) and the whole vibe was different.

Back