Rebel 112x cabinet sounds REALLY good!

bobbyd

I just snagged one of these locally, to use with my Marshall 2061x 20 watt head.

I am using a 4x12 cab for many gigs with one band i play with that plays RAWK :rock:

but for home use, and some smaller gigs with other bands, i needed a 1x12

found this little guy on craigslist, and i am REALLY impressed with how "big" it sounds....

and while i would rather have that BOGNER CUBE......that cab is GREAT.....it's $500....

haven't tried the Rebel 20 amp, but the cab sounds great! :thumbsup:

it has the stock speaker in it, for now....sounds pretty good, so i will probably leave it in there.

just seems to be a GREAT 1x12 cab for my marshall 20 watter :rock:

i checked out a BUNCH of options, and this cab seemed to be the best bang for the $$$ out of anything else.

love the grille.....might have to get ANOTHER one and stack them up 1 :D

I run two of the 112 Egnater cabs with a Rebel 20 and I can't describe how happy I am with it. Great sounding cabinets.

richedie":uo3robx4 said:
So it has the stock Elite 80? It takes a long time to break in. It will be crisp for a while. ;)

all speakers take a long time to break in well... unless you get a pre-aged speaker like from Avatar. Some sound better out of the box than others.

bobbyd":1n662otv said:
I just snagged one of these locally, to use with my Marshall 2061x 20 watt head.

I am using a 4x12 cab for many gigs with one band i play with that plays RAWK :rock:

but for home use, and some smaller gigs with other bands, i needed a 1x12

found this little guy on craigslist, and i am REALLY impressed with how "big" it sounds....

and while i would rather have that BOGNER CUBE......that cab is GREAT.....it's $500....

haven't tried the Rebel 20 amp, but the cab sounds great! :thumbsup:

A buddy of mine bought a used Bogner Cube and new Egnater 112x. He sold the Bogner and kept the Egnater. He said the Bogner was sweet, but not $400 used sweet...and the Egnater was right there with it in a lot of ways. Essentially he said it was worth the money more to buy the Eggie. He is far from broke and could have easily went with the Bogner or a new one, but still chose the Eggie. Bruce makes kick ass stuff.

I would get a few 112x cabs if they were partial open back so I might look at two Tweaker cabs for that reason. I find partial open backs sound fuller, sweeter, rounder, just better to me. I can't use closed back cabs any longer after crossing over to 3/4 backs!

My band plays rock as well. Think STP meets Alice in Chains, but we play small clubs and bars. a stacked set of 112s and a Rebel 30 can easily get the job done!

i used the 112x yesterday at a gig, and it gave me PLENTY of volume and thump for a 1x12 cab.

i like it a LOT...think i'm gonna have to get another one..... :rock:

i bet two of them would get me pretty close to a 4x12 kind of sound and feel....and fit into my hatchbak easier :LOL: :LOL:

FWIW. I had a Bogner Cube and a Rebel 1X12 for some time. I still have the Rebel 1X12.....it slayed the V-30 loaded
Bogner Cube in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Back