Replacing traditional 4x12 with two notes live and frfr spea

rokker

What can i expect if i ditch my 4x12 and go with a two notes live and an atomic clr?
Seems like the way to go to drop volume without iusing an attenuator. Opinions?
Would be using my be-100 and going w/d/w with an eventide eclipse for fx

So i guess i wonder what it would be like...what would be the downside of going frfr and no 4x12. Benefits seem to be lower volume and the ability to run the amp harder. Less weight to lug around too.
Would to hear any all opinions on using the atomic clr or matrix frfr box before i pull the trigger

Well, to be honest there is no magic involved: you can't compare the sensations of a 4X12 and a smaller system.

So as soon as you go with less than a 4X12, you have to be prepared to some concessions.

The best would be to have at least one 1X15 in the FRFR system and a good bass reflex so you can still feel some air moving.

You might have seen this already, but Pete Thorn demo's the CLR with the Torpedo Live in this video:

The Torpedo Live's purpose is mainly to help you play your amp at full volume while doing a miking of your sound to send to a PA or a recorder.

If you don't plan to record or use this simulated sound other than on stage with, say, a FRFR system, then you should consider looking at our Torpedo Reload.

The thing is:

- like in other topics, size matters. So having a smaller cabinet played at small volume as a direct impact on the sound and feel

- If you want to go into a more portable solution than a traditional 4X12, at some point, you will have to do a little concession on the feeling to get more comfort.

I don't say you won't get a great tone, because I think that is where we are the best.

And anybody who played on a big fat PA with a Torpedo can tell you a 4X12 sounds so small they don't want to use them anymore... ;)

I can agree with Guillaume on this area!

I recently had to switch to a more...how do you say..."back friendly" setup but I still needed a monitor on stage. I picked up a Line6 PodHD Pro and Line6's amp models are spot on great, BUT their cabinet emulations, quite frankly, stink. So, I had the idea to put the HDPRO and my Live into the same rack and I use the cab emulations on the live with the amp modelling on the PodHD PRO. It sounds even better than the Kemper that I previously had. Very full, clear and crisp.

I run this through a Mackie HD1221 for on stage monitoring which I got for an amazing price. I'm also playing with a Traynor K4 keyboard amp that is FRFR. The Mackie is a beautifully clear system with fantastic bottom end and clarity. I don't miss my 4x12 one bit. While I think the CLR is a great product, at $1000, I'm not paying only to get an email back stating that I have to wait 4 months to get it. That to me is a poor business model.

If I need to run direct, I can simply take the output from the live into the PA or monitor from my Mackie. I only wish the Live had 2 outputs for this reason. It would make it the perfect product. I can still run both at the same time but I would then need to use two amps in the Line6 settings and run one side through the line6 emulations and the other side into my Torpedo and into my Mackie. Either way it is doable.

Back