Reticon 4096 BBD chip

paulyc

Unobtanum, I know. But does anyone have one ? Need to repair a broken DOD Analog Delay pedal.
Thanks in advance !

Ask Griff
these are rare as all hell ..... I don't have any ...... and a quick search showed me some on Reverb and Ebay that were way too much money IMO

Smallbear Electronics is my go to for rare stuff ...... and they didn't have any in stock when I checked

Unobtanum, I know. But does anyone have one ? Need to repair a broken DOD Analog Delay pedal.
Thanks in advance !
You got the DOD 680?

Yeah, that chip is unobtanium basically... a substitute would probably require a daughter-PCB with all kinds of wires to switch around the non-matching pin-outs.

a substitute would probably require a daughter-PCB with all kinds of wires to switch around the non-matching pin-outs.
I spent some time looking into it last night, and agree. Known substitutes seem to be different enough you can't just drop it in and expect it to work or not fry itself. Depends how far down the rabbit hole @paulyc wants to go. When does this become Beyond Economic Repair?

I spent some time looking into it last night, and agree. Known substitutes seem to be different enough you can't just drop it in and expect it to work or not fry itself. Depends how far down the rabbit hole @paulyc wants to go. When does this become Beyond Economic Repair?
I got the pedal for free when I bought two DOD flangers, so idk how much I want to spend on a chip, I’d say up to $150 because I’d guess that’s what the pedal might be worth. It’s a paperweight now…

I’d say up to $150
Maybe see if you can get this guy to sell the working one for much cheaper? https://reverb.com/item/49162962-reticon-sad4096

I've also seen pinball replacement boards that originally had this chip on it, not sure if the replacements do or not. If you're handy with electronics I think you could spin up a daughter board with substitute for less than that price assuming your time isn't worth anything, but I haven't sat down and verified that.

Maybe see if you can get this guy to sell the working one for much cheaper? https://reverb.com/item/49162962-reticon-sad4096

I've also seen pinball replacement boards that originally had this chip on it, not sure if the replacements do or not. If you're handy with electronics I think you could spin up a daughter board with substitute for less than that price assuming your time isn't worth anything, but I haven't sat down and verified that.
I saw a few posts on the pinball replacement boards, but all were dead ends.

I had dealings with that seller on reverb… let’s just say I’m good.

Back