RG20th Advertisement

There aren't any that I've seen. It's an acrylic body with a swirl inside it. The tone knob has a push/pull to light the body up. That's about it.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":a507d said:
So are they using up the last of their Edge bridges with this run or something? I can't believe they're putting those bridges in them, especially since they got sued by Floyd Rose.... Then again, they're STILL paying royalties to them with the Edge Pro design.

They got sued by floyd over the Edge Pro not having the "Licensed Under" tag. :LOL:

The billion dollar question: It has an Edge, does it have the damn locking studs?!

BTW, they have to continue to manufacture parts for something like 10 years after they discontinue something like a bridge, for warranty work, plus endorcees like Satriani prefer the old Edge trem.

I sorta want one of these, but I'd rather have a Xiphos, and I swore my next(and probably last) guitar purchase wouldn't be strat shaped.

Is that Xiphos the Muhammed one? That looks totally badass, but has that shitty Edge III trem.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":8e75c said:
Is that Xiphos the Muhammed one? That looks totally badass, but has that shitty Edge III trem.

Yeah, the first thing I'd do to it would be to swap the bridge and the rest of the hardware out for better stuff. OFR/Nut, better tuners, etc. ;)

My other option is to buy a RR3 and try to find an S540LTD neck to put on it... lol

>|<>QBB<
Code001":309c1 said:
You really shouldn't need better tuners if you have an OFR.

Yeah, but I'd have to change the hardware color. I like things to match. lol

Besides, if it comes with those Korean "Ping" tuners, I'd rather change that trash out.

No guitars are worth that pricetag of that Jem. I could name 5 guitars I would want for that price.

Oh....and $899 for the 550s is stupid. cuz you would have to replace those shitty pickups anyway. Fuck ibanez.

>|<>QBB<
crwnedblasphemy":f51bb said:
Oh....and $899 for the 550s is stupid. cuz you would have to replace those shitty pickups anyway. Fuck ibanez.

It's a re-issue of the original RG550, complete with old heel and Edge trem. They came with V-series pickups back then, it only makes sense.

Also, that's not much more than what a RG1570 costs, street price. Consider what a mint DSY(and I mean mint!) sells for, and these are priced perfectly for what they are.

This is the same stupidity that's on other forums, complaining that they don't have the AANJ, or the Edge Pro, or whatever. It's a anniversary model for fuck's sake, it's supposed to be like the one's from 20 fucking years ago! Get over it. :LOL:

>|<>QBB<
Toshiro":7649d said:
>|<>QBB<

It's a re-issue of the original RG550, complete with old heel and Edge trem. They came with V-series pickups back then, it only makes sense.

Also, that's not much more than what a RG1570 costs, street price. Consider what a mint DSY(and I mean mint!) sells for, and these are priced perfectly for what they are.

This is the same stupidity that's on other forums, complaining that they don't have the AANJ, or the Edge Pro, or whatever. It's a anniversary model for fuck's sake, it's supposed to be like the one's from 20 fucking years ago! Get over it. :LOL:

Well I wanted the AANJ :p

That is not a bad price, that neck is a prestige neck and I am sure that those guitars are going to play great.

The 20th JEM......yeah imo that guitar was a mistake.

*Thinking aloud*

Can you get HSS pickguards for the RG550s? The RG560 re-issue im holding out for probably isnt going to happen. These days im only interested in HSS or H-S pickups...

If that RG is made in Japan it sounds like a good deal, I like that Desert Yellow with maple board look. Hopefully replacement parts for the Edge trem would be available down the road....

>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":ebae2 said:
If that RG is made in Japan it sounds like a good deal, I like that Desert Yellow with maple board look. Hopefully replacement parts for the Edge trem would be available down the road....

I just called my source to take my name off the list due to the 565 curing all maple necked Ibanez gas I had :) Saved $500 8)

>|<>QBB<
Scott Ians Beard":1853c said:
*Thinking aloud*

Can you get HSS pickguards for the RG550s? The RG560 re-issue im holding out for probably isnt going to happen. These days im only interested in HSS or H-S pickups...

Jeannie Pickguards will pretty much make whatever you want:
http://home.comcast.net/~pickguards/

:D

I'm really thinking hard about getting one in RFR. I'll never be able to afford a real one in that color, in such a mint condition. Plus, this one will have a Prestige neck. :love: Xiphos is very cool, but I am very weary about buying a Korean model. The RG8 is also out of my price range.

Back