RIP Chris Cornell

espquade":i8jpnoww said:
victim5150":i8jpnoww said:
Crazy. All the great grunge era singers are dead. Eddie Vedder is the only one left.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland, and now Chris Cornell.. Hard to comprehend really about Chris as I am in total shock!

Was also thinking about this earlier today. Those were the 5 biggest bands of that era and only one front man remains.

Dammit! He had such a huge and powerful voice. Didn't know he played a lot of guitar on Super but it does sound like it. RIP.

Saw them live for the first time at their second show after reuniting--the Lollapalooza pre-show at the Vic Theatre in Chicago in 2010. It was amazing to watch up close, one person back from the barricade. His voice was less audible from my vantage because I was getting overpowered by the direct amp sound, but it was eye opening how... comfortable and skilled a rhythm guitarist he was. I mean, seriously, I had always thought that Kim did most of the tracking, and Chris would play very simple parts. Simply not true... Searching With My Good Eye Closed was their opener, and Chris is very, very involved in the live playing there.

Seeing future shows and watching them play songs like By Crooked Steps, which is incredibly difficult to play and sing at the same time due to the rhythms... he was right there on it.

Incredible talent.

Now getting confirmation that it was death by hanging. He was found with a belt around his neck.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/05/18/ ... h-detroit/

It just doesn't make any sense why he would hang himself. He was found on the floor. I wonder if it was autoerotica asphyxiation and the girl split. I just can't believe he killed himself with two young Daughters and a seemingly happy married life.

My all time favorite is "Fell on Black Days"

He just rips them vocals out the last part of the song. Hits me every time! :D

Mailman1971":2ivz21i1 said:
My all time favorite is "Fell on Black Days"

He just rips them vocals out the last part of the song. Hits me every time! :D

I had always sort of assumed your username was after the Soundgarden song.

There is good, there is great and then there is incredible. Chris Cornell was incredible.

This is a hard day for me.

Still can't believe this...
I hated that era of music, but Chris Cornell was one of the
most talented singers in rock, in my opinion.
Man, he was good, Some powerful voice he had!

Soooo sad.

glip22":jjouoc4r said:
It just doesn't make any sense why he would hang himself. He was found on the floor. I wonder if it was autoerotica asphyxiation and the girl split. I just can't believe he killed himself with two young Daughters and a seemingly happy married life.

I agree, I think there's a bit more to it than him just hanging himself. Toxicology reports may shed a little light, I'm not sure if he was still claiming to be clean right now or not. His wife this morning told TMZ that he showed no signs of being depressed or suicidal but I'm skeptical that he was found at 12:05 this morning after she had called someone to check on him, that doesn't seem long enough after the show and him getting back to the hotel for her to be worried that she hadn't heard from him.

I first saw the news on Twitter this morning on the way to work and thought it was a fake story until I did a quick search and found it was propagating everywhere. Wow.

GregM":39q92bzw said:
glip22":39q92bzw said:

I agree, I think there's a bit more to it than him just hanging himself. Toxicology reports may shed a little light, I'm not sure if he was still claiming to be clean right now or not. His wife this morning told TMZ that he showed no signs of being depressed or suicidal but I'm skeptical that he was found at 12:05 this morning after she had called someone to check on him, that doesn't seem long enough after the show and him getting back to the hotel for her to be worried that she hadn't heard from him.

I first saw the news on Twitter this morning on the way to work and thought it was a fake story until I did a quick search and found it was propagating everywhere. Wow.

no signed of being depressed, yet had to check up on him after the show? seems like a contradiction to me.

eternal_idol":2aazb5lb said:
GregM":2aazb5lb said:
glip22":2aazb5lb said:

no signed of being depressed, yet had to check up on him after the show? seems like a contradiction to me.

Hard to say. Maybe they talked every night and she wanted to get to bed and couldn't get ahold of him so called someone and asked them to tell Chris to call her. Might not have been "to check on him". Could picture my wife calling a band mate if I wasn't answering to tell them to get me to call.

Guy was the full package, best singer in rock right now,really who is better? I can't think of anyone. Awesome songwriter,guy could play guitar, good looking,in great physical shape,a legendary career,financially stable, had a family, total rock star. He seemingly had life by the balls,and could just ride out the rest of his life and enjoy it. So many people would kill to get a fraction of what he had. I guess things are not always as they seem.

This sucks. Soundgarden never did much for me but I liked his voice and I did like the Temple Of The Dog album.

Most of the best vocalists from the grunge era are gone and most of the 80's metal screamers are still around, except for Dio. Crazy.

Yep, sad day. Listened to Temple Of The Dog back and forth to work today,, a great talent lost. RIP.

Back