Rocktron Prophesy II

Never own tht piece of Rocktron gear. I do have the G.A.P. Pro and Piranha pre-amps, both sound great, really like the Piranha as it seems a little smoother.

The Prophesy was Dave Mustains pre-amp of choice for a while.

Yeah I think I read mustaine was using 2 of them through a Marshall 100/100 poweramp with EL34s.

From what I can hear on sound clips and reviews, the damned thing seems fantastic. I don't know about $1200+ fantastic, but maybe enough to buy on Ebay. Anyone else own one?

I had one also, ran it through a VHT 2/50/2 into a pair of Mesa 212 Rectos. I really liked the distortions they had the best organic sounds at the time but the clean always had this fizz in the back ground that I could never get rid of. The effects were real easy and stright forward to program as well as the midi interface. Out of all the rack mount modelers I have tryed at that point it was the best sounding and easiest to use. If you can score one at a decent price I'd say go for it.

mctallica1":fgfo91ip said:
I love the Prophesy II. Great preamp.

However, for a few hundy more, you can pick up an Axe Fx. Nothing wrong with the Prophesy, but the Axe is, BY FAR, my choice.

T

Ha... that's a no contest for sure. But agreed the Axe is the ticket for sims but for $5-700 I wouldn't mind playing the Prophesy, There are a few on eBay right now with low start bid's free ship and come with a Rocktron Midi Mate.

I had one at one time....It was good but not great to my ears..delays/reverbs were awesome..Had mine running into a vht 2/50/2 ..but definitely at the pricepoint it is now...i'd go axefx no doubt

Back