roomIRs in Torpedo Studio?

majshumlan

Hi

Do anyone use room IRs in the Torpedo Studio?Can this be done or are Room IRs too big?
I would like to experiment with this as im after a more vintage sound tahts not so much "in the face"
I know it can be done with after FX revs but it would be fun to test some IRs

Hi majshumlan, you can always load a room IR but we will truncate the file to achieve low latency so you won't really hear a reverb (still that's a funny thing to try).

BUT you may have heard we release soon a new firmware for CAB, Live and a new Torpedo Remote, and the new things we offer on CAB and Live will be on Studio and WoS III.

And one of these things is... a room reverb. ;) It's algorithmic and not convolution, but still it works very well. ;)

Thanx for a great answer!!!
Great news!I will check that update

As for the truncsize...how long IR can the Studio process?I think im more after early reflections here and not long reverb tails

Best regards

When is this expected to be available on WOS III?

Also, is this going to be a different type sound than adding an ownhammer room IR into WOS as an added channel IR? Just wondering what to expect as far as the main differences go...

I said it several times, the last firmware for VB-101 offered the stereo mode and many other options.

We keep Remote updated so you can use all the functionalities of your VB-101, but the product is out of the catalog for almost 2 years now and replaced by the Torpedo Studio.

guillaume_pille":2bwh668t said:
I said it several times, the last firmware for VB-101 offered the stereo mode and many other options.

We keep Remote updated so you can use all the functionalities of your VB-101, but the product is out of the catalog for almost 2 years now and replaced by the Torpedo Studio.
When will the room IR's be available for WOS III?

When will the room IR's be available for WOS III?

There is no plan to add room IR to WoS III but adding the reverb we put on the hardware units is in the pipe.

If I may, you will find plenty (free or not) IR reverb loaders plugins on the market if you really need to use that technology. ;)

For those who are looking to roomy sounds you should try Le Mirador's captures via La Boutique.

BritGreen 2 and Silver10 2 was captured using small condensers microphones (Shure ksm 141 and Shopes cmc5) both in omni and in cardio modes.
The small condensers mics place far of the cab gives you a natural roomy sound. Cardioid mode is more focused than omni mode.
It's not like adding an artificial reverb. It's not a fx. It's a true room sound using classical sound engineers micking trick.
We've did many tests in our main room to choose mics and placements to get an high-end fidelity.
So you can hear your sound as being there ! :rock:
And our room was designed to have a very musical tone... ;)

Attachments

• 10344343_1376441132651792_8536623452664057908_o.jpg
    10344343_1376441132651792_8536623452664057908_o.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 800
guillaume_pille":1qnl33hc said:

I'm sorry you have to keep repeating this answer. I've been following most treads here and on your site about new firmware and features and did not se any statement regarding this, but I must have overlooked your answer. I'm aware of the fact that the VB-101 has been discontinued, but last year you wrote this ...
VB-101 and Studio share the same architecture, CPU and converters.

We change:

- the loadbox which is still MONO (in other words, you can't have 2 amps, but you can have 1 amp and 1 preamp (line) or two products in Lin L&R
- we replace the Pre-sim output by a line input
- the design of the front and reduce a little the depth of the product

Studio and Reload will share 90% of the firmware, VB-101 will have everything regarding the Stereo possibilities. Latency stays the same (actually it is a little higher on Studio but we are still in the process of rewriting the firmware).

We don't forget the VB-101 users. ;)
Quote:
My question is, if I do purchased a second hand unit, will I be able to access firmware updates, and other available features such as software/cabs etc?

Absolutely. Torpedo VB-101 and Torpedo Studio have a lot in common. ;)

So I thought and hoped the new firmware would be available for the VB-101 as well. I own both the VB-101 and a Reload so I don't see much reason to upgrade to the Studio. Please know I'm very happy with VB-101 as it is, amazing piece gear.

I hope my answer didn't sound harsh or anything, that was not my intent. ;)

We still keep the Remote updated to work with the VB-101.

The cabinets purchase was very new at the time I wrote what you quoted, so I guess I was referring to the upcoming huge firmware update at that time (stereo + many other features).

We reached with that last update pretty much all we can do with VB-101 and we cannot push it really harder.

Back